Jusunlee.com Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 31 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- School Life (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=7)
-- Countdown to APs!! (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1221)

Posted by uNiece on 04-28-2002 03:01 PM:

Exclamation Countdown to APs!!

All righty, I know that some of you are going to be taking the AP Exams sometime in the near, or should I say, VERY near future...
So, how well prepared ARE you?

me: I studied so hard last night that I made my first butt groove in my chair!! Got home, checked my email and stuff, put "Do Not Disturb: studying" sign on my door, closed it, sat in my chair, turned on the lamp, opened the books, took out the pens and highlighters, and STUDIED!!! Why?? Had 2 practice exams today, consecutively too... Since 4 pm yesterday, I've only had iced-coffee with table spoons of sugar, 1 cup of water with my dinner, and milk for my cereal breakfast this morning... :sleepy: I was going to pull an all-nighter, but I ended up sleeping at midnight. But I did pretty all right, as far as the multiple choice questions go :satisfy: Now I'm hear, back from school and posting this. Now, 2 more weeks! 2 more weeks!

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 04-28-2002 04:07 PM:

i f*ked...i think

good thing i only have one AP

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by hyunnie03 on 04-28-2002 04:33 PM:

my ap teacher didn't teach us anything so i'm pretty messed up

Posted by Alchemist on 04-28-2002 05:23 PM:

i'm not taking APs this year(sophomore),

my history teacher last year

"Hey mr teacher, can i take AP next year?"
"You know Andrew, you can take AP if you really want to but i think you'll feel more comfortable in an honors class" (Then he circles regents)

btw the course advanceness thingy is
AP (Highest)
Honors
Regents

Posted by AiSH on 04-28-2002 06:39 PM:

got ap euro in 2 weeks
and ap chem in 3 weeks

Posted by sHyGrLy012 on 04-29-2002 05:53 PM:

Gosh...I'm so worried 'bout freakin' AP Tests!
I hope I'll pass...cause $80 is a lot of money...
I better start cramming...

Posted by AiSH on 04-29-2002 05:59 PM:

you actually paid the 80?
phew..
good thing i'm poor and ghetto.
i paid 15 for each.

Posted by FinklFan on 04-29-2002 07:32 PM:

MY government teacher is preparing us so well the whole class is conident about getting 4's or 5's. I dont know they seem pretty tricky to me~

Posted by tenshi on 04-29-2002 07:37 PM:

ughh.. makes me think of endangered species.... when they're in captivity.. if they're past their reproductive prime, then they're already dead. they're no good to their species anymore. that's kinda the way i'm feeling right now. no chance to make up for the time i've lost..... might as well kill me now. :sad:

i have 2 ap's. may 10 and may 15. i'm beyond panicking, beyond fearing these tests. no need to fear what you know you'll already fail..

This is me down on my knees
These foolish games are tearing me apart
And your thoughtless words are breaking my heart
Excuse me, think I've mistaken you for somebody else
Somebody who gave a damn
Somebody more like myself

Posted by lovedontloveme on 04-29-2002 09:38 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by tenshi
ughh.. makes me think of endangered species.... when they're in captivity.. if they're past their reproductive prime, then they're already dead. they're no good to their species anymore. that's kinda the way i'm feeling right now. no chance to make up for the time i've lost..... might as well kill me now. :sad:

i have 2 ap's. may 10 and may 15. i'm beyond panicking, beyond fearing these tests. no need to fear what you know you'll already fail..

aw julianne, try not to think like that [: think positively and just try your best. if you tried ur best and didn't do too well at least u know you can improve.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

as for me, i'm currently not attending school. just moved here to the states from sydney about a month+ ago.

Posted by uNiece on 04-30-2002 12:30 PM:

Whoa~ More people than I expected! ahaha. Good Luck Everyone! Start your cramming!!
Today, I got my AP Euro Practice exam score back... ahem...
Score: 4. and I didn't even do 1 essay at all the highest score in my class ^_^ i'm such a dork... in Comp Sci, don't know yet, but all I want is a 3.
it'll pay off in college and during may and june. i'm going to have a real early summer vacation! ^^

Posted by AiSH on 04-30-2002 03:28 PM:

whoa uniece, good job.
give me some tips on ap euro since you seem to be so good.
my test is next fri.
and we're not even dun w. our book.
we're on the two chs, cold war and on.

can you give me some pointers plz?
and do you kno the test well?
our teacher was pretty vague..
80 some multiple choice, dbq, and 2 essays.
multiple 50% -- dbq and essays 50% rite?

Posted by annabanana on 05-01-2002 04:06 AM:

i'm not studying at all. i'm serious! i'm takin' the AP English Literature test. the worst thing about that is is that it is on a MONDAY at 8:00 AM!

Posted by dan on 05-01-2002 01:06 PM:

my teacher promised to buy me a steak and a beer if i get a 5 on my stats exam... better start studying.

anyone taking the comp sci AB test?

Posted by Alchemist on 05-01-2002 01:11 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by lovedontloveme

aw julianne, try not to think like that [: think positively and just try your best. if you tried ur best and didn't do too well at least u know you can improve.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

as for me, i'm currently not attending school. just moved here to the states from sydney about a month+ ago.

you just moved here? welcome, have fun posting in the forum...from the states

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 05-01-2002 06:35 PM:

dammit im going to have FIVE Aps next year...ugh, i can't imagine the stress

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by uNiece on 05-02-2002 03:32 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by AiSH
whoa uniece, good job.
give me some tips on ap euro since you seem to be so good.
my test is next fri.
and we're not even dun w. our book.
we're on the two chs, cold war and on.

can you give me some pointers plz?
and do you kno the test well?
our teacher was pretty vague..
80 some multiple choice, dbq, and 2 essays.
multiple 50% -- dbq and essays 50% rite?

WHOA!! What dah... not done with your book?!?
What book do you use?

I suggest you go buy a couple of review books:
1. Princeton Review's Cracking the AP European History (all editions are the same material) for decent review of the Renaissance & Reformation on
2. REA's AP European History for real in depth review, I mean, EXTENSIVE review. I think that it covered some areas more better than my history book.
The Princeton Review one has 2 full practices AP tests (medium) and the REA one has 6 full ones (hard). All of them detailed answer explanations for multiple choice, DBQ, and essays.
I also suggest reading ahead in your textbook before your class finishes it and find the sections in the review books that cover the same material as your book.
Then as to see your weak and strong points, lock yourself in a room for a full 55 minutes and do a practice multiple choice - don't stop, no matter how distracted you are. Score it the way it tells you in the review book. Then go over the test with the answers and write on another sheet of paper your weak and strong areas and study your weak areas from the review books.

If you're a laid back student, I suggest you just go all out with the Princeton review book.
But, if you're willing to do long hours of study from now on, use both and utilize all that it offers.

Well, for me: my strong part of the exam are the multiple choice questions. Essays and DBQ, I never seem to get past a score of 4 or 5 out of a possible 9.
Tell me your strong part of the exam and I'll see what other tips I can give you.

Posted by uNiece on 05-02-2002 03:34 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
dammit im going to have FIVE Aps next year...ugh, i can't imagine the stress

What The...?!?!...
Your ARE Crazy!!
ahahaha.
What classes would those be??

Posted by uNiece on 05-02-2002 03:35 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by dan
my teacher promised to buy me a steak and a beer if i get a 5 on my stats exam... better start studying.

anyone taking the comp sci AB test?

lucky duck.
Ju Sun took it last year.

I'm absolutely fine with my 3 on the comp sci A test...

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 05-02-2002 03:45 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by uNiece

What The...?!?!...
Your ARE Crazy!!
ahahaha.
What classes would those be??

argh...here goes

AP Calc
AP French
AP Latin
AP Bio (this is gonna be really hard)
AP Euro

oh yea, and i found that Princeton Review sucks as a review book lol. But REA's is amazing. Buy that first...and study it all day. Nothing else is better

King Lear (V.3.300-304)