Jusunlee.com Forums Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Show all 42 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Enlightenment (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=17)
-- Taiwanese > chinese or not? (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=10070)

Posted by azn0monk on 01-21-2003 04:27 AM:

Taiwanese > chinese or not?

this has been asked a lot, im chinese, and i have a lot of close taiwanese friends, but i see some taiwanese occassionally around like fuck those red communist chinese, and their women are whores.
oookk -_-;;

Posted by niggoreanboi on 01-21-2003 04:29 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by azn0monk
this has been asked a lot, im chinese, and i have a lot of close taiwanese friends, but i see some taiwanese occassionally around like fuck those red communist chinese, and their women are whores.
oookk -_-;;

i say they are they used to be part of china so their ancesters are chinese and they got some chinese up in there .. do they speak a diffrent language?

Posted by azn0monk on 01-21-2003 04:31 AM:

well taiwnese gov is trying to make children learn taiwanese now over mandarin lol..

Posted by niggoreanboi on 01-21-2003 04:36 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by azn0monk
well taiwnese gov is trying to make children learn taiwanese now over mandarin lol..

hmm i thought taiwan spoke mandarina and/or cantonese i didn't knoe they had their own language

Posted by Drunken Master on 01-21-2003 04:40 AM:

Interesting... I thought that the Taiwanese spoke mostly Mandarin, or a version of it...

Posted by Alchemist on 01-21-2003 04:57 AM:

I think that saying Taiwanese people are greater than Chinese people might be offensive.

Posted by saranghae on 01-21-2003 05:11 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by niggoreanboi
hmm i thought taiwan spoke mandarina and/or cantonese i didn't knoe they had their own language

yea.. same here.

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 01-21-2003 05:22 AM:

taiwanese is a dialect of chinese; as is cantonese and mandarin.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by Mash1mar0 on 01-21-2003 06:39 AM:

most of my friends are chinese, cantonese, and taiwanese
last time I said "taiwanese chinese same thing" taiwanese friends were mad at me for it!! they were like yelling and omg... it was crazy after that... always "taiwanese is taiwanese"

with onE magic pill i EscapE from painful rEality and Enter the wholE nEw diffErEnt world....

I'm not addictEd... I can stop anytimE i want to...

Posted by UnisMuiMui on 01-21-2003 05:23 PM:

yeah taiwanese ppl get pissy pissy when they are referred as "chinese." well in my opinion, taiwanese ppl ARE chinese. for ex: i was born in singapore. but singapore is a COUNTRY. i'm singaporean BECUZ i was born in singapore. but i am STILL chinese becuz of where my ancestors came from, etc etc etc. dunno if i make sense.... but newayz, taiwanese ppl in my opinion are chinese. we speak the same language, except taiwanese. and taiwanese is still a dialect of chinese.

Posted by MiGhTy KiTTy on 01-21-2003 08:02 PM:

im taiwanese. i dont mind calling myself chinese but i dont really want the person to think i came from china, so i say im from taiwan.

i grew up in a family that doesnt really like china though so i sorta got influenced. well anyones. i dont make snes now so imma go.~ baibaiiaibaibiaibaibiaial.

Propz to Sam. yayy~ haha

-----------------------
my xanga that i finally put up~
*MeOw MeOW*

Posted by Mash1mar0 on 01-21-2003 11:08 PM:

usually taiwanese who was born in u.s. they don't really care... but taiwanese from taiwan they get pissed off about it... eh...

with onE magic pill i EscapE from painful rEality and Enter the wholE nEw diffErEnt world....

I'm not addictEd... I can stop anytimE i want to...

Posted by eddiee on 01-21-2003 11:15 PM:

taiwanese kids get pissed off because of what their parents told them about the chinese people from mainland.
the ones who live in more rural places are very rude and such
but the ones who live near more populated areas arent like the big cities.

theres more i can say and be more clear but im too lazy rite now..back to d2 b4 marv kills me

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 01-22-2003 12:24 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by UnisMuiMui
yeah taiwanese ppl get pissy pissy when they are referred as "chinese." well in my opinion, taiwanese ppl ARE chinese. for ex: i was born in singapore. but singapore is a COUNTRY. i'm singaporean BECUZ i was born in singapore. but i am STILL chinese becuz of where my ancestors came from, etc etc etc. dunno if i make sense.... but newayz, taiwanese ppl in my opinion are chinese. we speak the same language, except taiwanese. and taiwanese is still a dialect of chinese.

exactly.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by PsychoSnowman on 01-22-2003 12:32 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by UnisMuiMui

i think it's rude to refer to them as chinese people. By doing so, you are effectually not recognizing their country as legitamate, and not acknowledging its sovereignty. Should we call white people (assuming proper descent) who are in teh United States English then? Of course not, if they were born here then they are American, the same goes with taiwan. It doesn't matter where they came from, if they are part of a different country....just call them by their ACTUAL nationality. Not some derivative. It's insulting i think. They may be chinese by ancestry, but they sure aren't now. I can see why they would get pissed by people calling them chinese, because that word doesn't just entail a race, it entails a nationality with it...and Taiwan is not china. Simple as that.

So, are we all African then? I mean, our ancestors probably were from there.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Posted by Ladi Jay on 01-22-2003 12:41 AM:

hmm, interesting... if they want to be known as different than chinese, let them... I mean, they're from Taiwan... etc etc... so why not?

just like when other asian races get called chinese and are offended or sick of it... refer back to the thread that someone started called "being called chinese" or something like that...

My post is not intended to be mean in any way and if I offended someone, I'm seriously, absolutely sorrie

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 01-22-2003 12:55 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
i think it's rude to refer to them as chinese people. By doing so, you are effectually not recognizing their country as legitamate, and not acknowledging its sovereignty.

I believe that was the point of her post. Taiwanese should be refered to as "taiwanese" because that is their nationality. However their ethnicity (for a large part of the population) remains chinese.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU on 01-22-2003 01:31 AM:

im taiwanese.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Posted by UnisMuiMui on 01-22-2003 02:33 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
I believe that was the point of her post. Taiwanese should be refered to as "taiwanese" because that is their nationality. However their ethnicity (for a large part of the population) remains chinese.

yes dats wat i meant, thank u. simple as dat.

Posted by K_BoI323 on 01-22-2003 03:17 PM:

i'm korean~
my g/f is taiwanese

Holla~~~ at me.. AIM:bowbow323

God Bless~