Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 5 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Debate (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=19)
-- debate.. (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=146)

Posted by krnxswat on 03-30-2002 07:46 PM:

debate..

hmm less dink of something to debate 'bout
::scRatchinG heaD:: :sleepy:

Posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 03-31-2002 08:09 PM:

lemme help ~
do u think us states shud hav a stronger federal govt or national govt and y? hahahaha i'm a dork that wuz from mai school's debate team
but den i guess not every1 lives in america...

Posted by True Life on 03-31-2002 08:32 PM:

how about something a little more current.

like suspending civil liberties to "ensure the protection of American citizens". for example...

if you were to say, "FUCK THE USA, FUCK GEORGE W. BUSH, I WANT TO KILL THAT STUPID RIGHT WING MOTHERFUCKER, AND WATCH HIM BLEED" to one of the military policemen at Grand Central, you'd be in for a bit of trouble. However, if you said the same thing to a policeman at Grand Central last year, they'd just tell you to keep your voice down.

so in this way, freedom of speech has been limited. of course anyone screaming things like that sounds an awful lot like a terrorist, and it seems only natural that he or she would be taken in and questioned. however, that does not change the fact that the first amendment grants freedom of speech. there is the "clear and present danger" clause which limits it, but an unarmed civilian saying he wants to kill the president does not present much of a danger.

this may be a minor suspension of liberties, but where does it stop? who's to say when too much is too much? when protection becomes oppression? is Bush to be trusted?

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 04-05-2002 02:30 PM:

i'm so sick of talking about WMD's in debate tourneys I swear i will punch the next person who talks about them :huh:

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by mc_jjang on 04-06-2002 04:12 AM:

but still if someone bombed your country wouldnt u be alittle scared right now... wouldnt you be scared that more people will attack you... its just a step toward precausion... the u.s has been too lenient in the past its about time they tighten up their control alittle bit..... i mean the citizens of the u.s take safety and feedom too easily... think of other countries.... its just precautionary stpes... so dont worry itll only make u more safe...

CuTE!!!