Jusunlee.com Forums Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Show all 45 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- TV and Movies (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=14)
-- Jet li Vs. jackie chan (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1987)

Posted by xenno on 05-17-2002 05:14 PM:

Jet li Vs. jackie chan

take your pick.

Posted by huby40 on 05-18-2002 03:45 AM:

i'd rather see jackie chan. sure he can do pretty much everything jet li can do, even at his age. if they were both the same age then they'd be pretty much equal in fighting and stunts.

but Jackie Chan is a better actor than Jet Li. so, jackie wins.

Posted by Zero-Sen on 05-20-2002 03:05 PM:

Jacky Chan was here first and will is much better. Plus he PUNCHED bruce lee whom everyone knows is the best.

Posted by kRypTic_nABi on 05-20-2002 03:10 PM:

my uncle lOoks like jackie chan..

i'd say jackie chan..althO jet li has skill..he cant speak eng as well as mr. chan

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 05-27-2002 07:21 AM:

Bruce Lee whoops em all...

but you gotta give props to Jackie Chan hes cool
Jet Li is better in his Hong Kong movies

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by az0nd2r3 on 05-27-2002 02:51 PM:

jackie chan has switched to more of a comedy-based type movie, with less fighting. there are a lot more fights in his older movies from several years back (maybe he's getting old ). i think jet li looks realli good in fights, but he always seem shorter than everyone else

Posted by aznkid1008 on 05-28-2002 12:38 AM:

i would have to vote on Jackie Chan cause his movies are alot better. i lost all respect for Jet Li in THE ONE, that movie was so damn stupid.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Posted by xenno on 05-29-2002 01:34 AM:

Jackie Is comin out with a chinese james bond movie... called tuxedo... Jet li's next movie release is Hero.. With Zang Zi yi, Donnie Yen..

Posted by hoyoungz luv on 06-07-2002 10:23 AM:

I like Jackie Chan~ Every single one of his movies that I've seen was hilarious. I like his older movies better though, when he was so much younger. They had funny storylines. Now the jokes are kind of corny... but it's all good.

I don't really like Jet Li though. Only movie I remember liking was 'Romeo Must Die.'

come join the fun -> and ->

Posted by AggieDawg on 06-07-2002 04:27 PM:

Jet Li's Chinese movies are mostly pretty damn good! Especially those Once Upon a Time in China flicks. However his US film is mediocre at best, since most of them are really stupid. So the Jacky Chan movies seems to be more entertaining, but overall I like Jet Li better. It's a crapshoot, both are good!

Posted by PsychoSnowman on 06-07-2002 04:30 PM:

i keep thinking that jackie chan can do a whole lot more than he shows off in his movies, though he is very good from what i can tell from the movies, but jet li shows off a lot of stuff and i'd have to say jet li would win in the fight if they won based on the movie evidence, but i'm not sure.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Posted by AggieDawg on 06-08-2002 06:59 AM:

Jet Li was actually on the Chinese kungfu team and was one of the best in China at a very young age..i think he won some big award when he was 12 or something...
Jacky Chan was in the Beijing Opera School i think, and i think from that, he picked up various types of Wu Shu/Kungfu. Overall, Jet Li will kick Jacky Chan's ass if they ever get in a fight!
Bruce Lee still ownz both of their asses though!

Posted by TAIgrr on 06-25-2002 02:25 AM:

heh .. yep, lee soryung's the BEST there was.
i liked jackie chan too..
but i like jet li better.. i like the way he fights better

but i like both

Posted by LuvSunghoonie on 06-29-2002 05:57 AM:

I like Jackie Chan better too.. I mean his better at stunts.. and acting too.. Jet Lee is ok.. I dont like his English tho, he sounds soo weird speaking English..
See Jackie Chan has been an idol of mine sine i was lil.. so Course I like him better~!!! and His fighting is much better then Jet Lee's

Posted by ryosuke on 07-11-2002 12:01 AM:

Jet Li was on the Chinese National Wushu Team. Jackie Chan though more experienced is lacking in his years, so I'd give it to Li. And for some reason I highly doubt that Bruce Lee was the best. I mean yeah the guy was good but only became publicly famous after his death. And I mean really famous. And yes I know he created the art of Jeet Kune Do, which if he was alive to this date would've evolved more. But there are plenty of other grand masters that we haven't even heard about that would've probably handed bruce his ass.

Posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU on 07-11-2002 01:36 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by ryosuke
Jet Li was on the Chinese National Wushu Team. Jackie Chan though more experienced is lacking in his years, so I'd give it to Li. And for some reason I highly doubt that Bruce Lee was the best. I mean yeah the guy was good but only became publicly famous after his death. And I mean really famous. And yes I know he created the art of Jeet Kune Do, which if he was alive to this date would've evolved more. But there are plenty of other grand masters that we haven't even heard about that would've probably handed bruce his ass.

chrooo.. they should just have a blood sport type tournament to see who's todays best.. i would pay so much mooney for that..

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Posted by castle outsider on 07-11-2002 09:21 PM:

jet li

if any of you guys are chinese you know that jet li is much famous than jackie chan is china or taiwan. he was a monk in the shaolin temple for awhile before he got famous. jackie chan is just really creative with his moves which are pretty fun to watch. but for talent and experience, its definately jet li

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 07-11-2002 09:29 PM:

quote:
And for some reason I highly doubt that Bruce Lee was the best. I mean yeah the guy was good but only became publicly famous after his death. And I mean really famous.

what are you talkin about dude...he was crazy popular in HK when he was alive...my dad remembers people flocking by the thousands to every new release he had on their respective opening days. He was really famous. Kareem abdul jabar became his student.
sure he gained more popularity after but the most growth occured when he was alive.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by ryosuke on 07-11-2002 09:35 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter

what are you talkin about dude...he was crazy popular in HK when he was alive...my dad remembers people flocking by the thousands to every new release he had on their respective opening days. He was really famous. Kareem abdul jabar became his student.
sure he gained more popularity after but the most growth occured when he was alive.

That maybe true in HK. But for world public recognition, the world bases most of its opinions off of whether or not a actor can make it here in the States. So what if a famous black man became his student? I mean a relatively famous man in the martial arts world became his student AND was authorized by Bruce himself to teach the arts of Hung Gar, Escrima/Arnis, and JKD. And the man was filipino. But thats irrelevant just like your above statement. And maybe if you understood my statment even better, then you'd realize I was also talking about bruce's skill in the Martial Arts.

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 07-11-2002 10:34 PM:

quote:

That maybe true in HK. But for world public recognition, the world bases most of its opinions off of whether or not a actor can make it here in the States. So what if a famous black man became his student? I mean a relatively famous man in the martial arts world became his student AND was authorized by Bruce himself to teach the arts of Hung Gar, Escrima/Arnis, and JKD. And the man was filipino. But thats irrelevant just like your above statement. And maybe if you understood my statment even better, then you'd realize I was also talking about bruce's skill in the Martial Arts.

i know your statement was about his skills but i decided to address another part of your post.
So by your standard of being famous, a star like, lets say BOA is not actually really famous yet because she had not been recognized in the united states.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)