Jusunlee.com Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 27 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Language (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=51)
-- Hardest Language to learn (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=10906)

Posted by niggoreanboi on 02-23-2003 06:27 AM:

Hardest Language to learn

I heard that Chinese (cantonese/manderian <sp?> ) is the hardest language to learn cause they don't use alphabets but charaters such a hard language haha

what country do you think have the hardest language to learn?

Posted by Drunken Master on 02-23-2003 06:31 AM:

English

Posted by eddiee on 02-23-2003 06:35 AM:

writing and reading chinese is hard.....and yes theres something like alphabets in it but its what you put together to sound out the words .....they use that to type on the computer and chat.

the words it self are hard.but if you know it....most of them is alike and some just get extra slashes or dots added on or there like two words put together and make a new one.

Posted by niggoreanboi on 02-23-2003 06:41 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by LiLbLuEaZnBoY
writing and reading chinese is hard.....and yes theres something like alphabets in it but its what you put together to sound out the words .....they use that to type on the computer and chat.

the words it self are hard.but if you know it....most of them is alike and some just get extra slashes or dots added on or there like two words put together and make a new one.

well it's your native language so your used to it lol
i'm korean and i suck at speaking that shit lol i can only say the pervertic words and small sentences and i read like a 4th grader lol but i understand alot when people are talkin to me i just can't say anything back in korean except nae lol

Posted by eddiee on 02-23-2003 06:45 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by niggoreanboi
well it's your native language so your used to it lol
i'm korean and i suck at speaking that shit lol i can only say the pervertic words and small sentences and i read like a 4th grader lol but i understand alot when people are talkin to me i just can't say anything back in korean except nae lol

i dunno it

lol i can only speak it

Posted by niggoreanboi on 02-23-2003 06:49 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by LiLbLuEaZnBoY
i dunno it

lol i can only speak it

so lol you still knoe it :P

Posted by StArGaZiNlUvEr on 02-23-2003 10:42 AM:

hmMm...i'd say chinese is hard. but its easier to learn mandarin when u kno cantonese beforehand..cuz it sumtimes sounds the same juss a little different. Writing it is no doubt hard...bleh..but i've been going to chinese skool since first grade...every saturday. but compared to pplez from china im prolly like a 4th grader

eh...then agen lotsa other languages are hard.

Posted by azn0monk on 02-23-2003 07:13 PM:

alex i highlly doubt u dat bad man

anyway, i think english is the dumbest language

tell someone to pronounce
comb
then
bomb

there are exceptions everywhere

pathetic!

Posted by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 on 02-23-2003 09:36 PM:

i think that like navajo (the american indian lang) is the hardest cause only 1/3 of their language can be translated into english. learning the language must be near impossible cause u have to pick uup concepts that many english speakers couldnt handle. plus they have hard pronunciations.

Posted by Drunken Master on 02-24-2003 12:30 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by azn0monk
alex i highlly doubt u dat bad man

anyway, i think english is the dumbest language

tell someone to pronounce
comb
then
bomb

there are exceptions everywhere

pathetic!

Yeah, then there are exceptions to the exceptions!
It's supposedly called the "bastardized language."

I hate English...

Posted by ajy on 02-24-2003 08:49 PM:

english is popular around the world, anyone who is important in the world knows it, so it isnt that hard to learn. i think the hardest is russian, my friend speaks to his parents in that. wow it seems really hard to pick up.

Posted by Street RSX on 02-26-2003 05:51 AM:

i would hafta give it up to them chinese.. those writings.. and how its spoken is pretty crazy.. i think korean and japanese are pretty easi to learn

Posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 02-26-2003 06:16 AM:

learning how to speak chinese isn't hard...it's the reading and writing. eesh!! i prolli noe about 1,000 characters and u need to noe 3,000-5,000 just to be able to read a newspaper. i can understand it pretti well (i'd say 90% common speech, no fancy words or any of that) but i can't speak that well. eh, i get nervous wen i'm supposed to reply in chinese and then pplz assume i can't speak or understand it cuz i'm thinkin bout how to word wut i'm gonna say -__-

other than that, i think german and russian look hard to learn. french and spanish don't seem to bad, but russian....wow

Posted by lady_j on 02-26-2003 08:36 AM:

I heard that Hungarian (Magyar?) was really hard to learn, like if you didn't learn how to speak it before you were 10 years old you have no chance of ever picking it up.

Posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU on 02-26-2003 08:53 AM:

swahili.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Posted by tea on 02-26-2003 08:35 PM:

chinese

even though i already know chinese...it should easily be the hardest. theres no alphabet, just over 25,000 different strokes when writing. i guess if u count the strokes as the alphabet..theres 25,000 "letters"

Posted by rhymester* on 02-27-2003 12:26 PM:

mandarin....easy to speak, hard to write!! 1 word can have 4 meanings, just by the tone you use. interesting, but difficult!!

Posted by az0nd2r3 on 03-04-2003 08:44 AM:

chinese.....my chnz aint too great....even after 'graduating' from my chnz skoo.....derez simply too many characterz to remember, meaningz, the many strokes in a lotta of the more complicated characters...etcetc......
im sure dat there are few ppl, if any, who actualliee kno evry chnz character/word...

Posted by Ladi Jay on 03-05-2003 01:18 AM:

do you think native american languages are hard to learn?

Posted by noriko378 on 03-05-2003 01:36 AM:

I agree with the rest of u....

Chinese is hard to learn...been learning it for close to 15 yrs. I still can't read the newspaper straight! Thank goodness for the Chinese dictionary!