Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Love and Dating > Love vs Infatuation
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
IronPanda322

Love vs Infatuation

Don't know if anyone's posted this up before, but's it's a good article that i think a lot of people should read.

Love or Infatuation?
Infatuation is a fleeting desire - one set of glands calling to another. It is marked by a feeling of insecurity: You are excited and eager but not genuinely happy. There are nagging doubts, unanswered questions; little bits and pieces about the relationship that you would just as soon not examine too closely. It might spoil the dream.

Love is a friendship that has caught fire. It takes root and grows, one day at a time. It is quiet and understanding and mature acceptance of imperfection. It gives you strength and grows beyond you to bolster your beloved. You are warmed by his presence, even when he is away. Miles do not separate you. But near or far, you know he is yours and you can wait.

Infatuation says, "We must get married right away. I can't risk losing him." Love says, "be patient. Don't panic. Plan your future with confidence."

Infatuation has an element of sexual excitement. Whenever you are together, you
hope it will end in intimacy. Love is not based on sex. It is the maturation of friendship that makes sex so much sweeter. You must be friends before you can be lovers.

Infatuation lacks confidence. When he's away, you wonder if he's being unfaithful. Sometimes you check.

Love means trust. You are calm, secure and unthreatened. He feels your trust, and it makes him even more trustworthy. Infatuation might lead you to do things you will regret, but love never steers you in the wrong direction.

Love is elevating. It lifts you up. It makes you better than you were before.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-08-2002 07:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for IronPanda322 Click here to Send IronPanda322 a Private Message Find more posts by IronPanda322 Add IronPanda322 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

oh wow... interesting.... i think that's true... its sooo sweet!

Last edited by saranghae on 11-09-2002 at 12:33 AM

Old Post 11-09-2002 12:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

yea ive seen a different article on the asme subject before..

i never felt infatuation before..so thats good right?

Old Post 11-09-2002 01:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MiGhTy KiTTy
*MeOW* ^^

dreamy..hehe

Propz to Sam. yayy~ haha

-----------------------
my xanga that i finally put up~
*MeOw MeOW*

Old Post 11-11-2002 10:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MiGhTy KiTTy Click here to Send MiGhTy KiTTy a Private Message Find more posts by MiGhTy KiTTy Add MiGhTy KiTTy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jj2
JSL Member

hmm...dont think i've felt either before...but that was a really interesting read ^_^

Old Post 11-12-2002 01:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

haha... oh wow... maybe it is love... HAHA... that is my friends relationship with his gal... cool...

Old Post 11-12-2002 01:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
angelicxshield
Fobulous

dang... infatuation seems to describe me perfectly... -_-;;

Old Post 11-12-2002 09:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for angelicxshield Click here to Send angelicxshield a Private Message Visit angelicxshield's homepage! Find more posts by angelicxshield Add angelicxshield to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
psyTeK ver. 2.0
face the facts kid.

Re: Love vs Infatuation

quote:
Originally posted by IronPanda322
Don't know if anyone's posted this up before, but's it's a good article that i think a lot of people should read.

Love or Infatuation?
Infatuation is a fleeting desire - one set of glands calling to another. It is marked by a feeling of insecurity: You are excited and eager but not genuinely happy. There are nagging doubts, unanswered questions; little bits and pieces about the relationship that you would just as soon not examine too closely. It might spoil the dream.

Love is a friendship that has caught fire. It takes root and grows, one day at a time. It is quiet and understanding and mature acceptance of imperfection. It gives you strength and grows beyond you to bolster your beloved. You are warmed by his presence, even when he is away. Miles do not separate you. But near or far, you know he is yours and you can wait.

Infatuation says, "We must get married right away. I can't risk losing him." Love says, "be patient. Don't panic. Plan your future with confidence."

Infatuation has an element of sexual excitement. Whenever you are together, you
hope it will end in intimacy. Love is not based on sex. It is the maturation of friendship that makes sex so much sweeter. You must be friends before you can be lovers.

Infatuation lacks confidence. When he's away, you wonder if he's being unfaithful. Sometimes you check.

Love means trust. You are calm, secure and unthreatened. He feels your trust, and it makes him even more trustworthy. Infatuation might lead you to do things you will regret, but love never steers you in the wrong direction.

Love is elevating. It lifts you up. It makes you better than you were before.

i really dislike crap like this people write on those "inspirational stories" forums and websites. face the facts, you don't need a cheesy hallmark card quote or story like this one to decide for yourself what sets infatuation and love apart. i'm glad for you if your nodding your head while reading this story because it seems "so right" and makes "so much sense", but in reality it is far from a defining definition; instead it should be viewed as nothing but an opinion by one person on what he/she thinks love/infatuation is all about. if you ask me, this person was probably an overly-sappy soul who's been watching one too many korean dramas in his/her free time.

Old Post 11-13-2002 01:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for psyTeK ver. 2.0 Click here to Send psyTeK ver. 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by psyTeK ver. 2.0 Add psyTeK ver. 2.0 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote