Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Creative Writing > Arranged Love
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jDa

Arranged Love

Here are chapters 1-2 enjoy ^^

Chapter 1

"Miss we're here"the driver points to the tall building
"Oh thank you keep the change" a girl with long black hair and a summer dress on climbs out of the taxi
Humble looks at the tall building and starts to walk to the entrance of the Lee Corporation.
"Umm..Miss, how may I help you?" the lady at the front desks asks Humble
"Yes My name is Humble Kim. Well, I am here for an appointment with Mr. Lee at 2:00pm" Humbles says looking around the building
"Yes, Miss Kim, Mr. Lee is expecting you. Come this way"

knock knock

"Mr. Lee, Miss Humble Kim is here to see you" the lady says and directs Humble through the huge red oak doors.
All Humble could see was huge windows and a desk with a chair with its back facing her.
"Miss Kim you're here for the job aren't you?" he said in his cold voice with his back still facing her
"Yes, I am sir." Humble says looking at the floor.
"Well, you're hired you start today, if that's fine with you?"
"Yes, sir"
"Do you know what I need you to do for this job?" he asks facing her scared form.
"No sir but I am willing to do anything"Humble says still looking at the floor
"Well Miss Kim, I need you to be my wife"
Humbles head just shot up and looked at Mr. Lee like he was crazy or something
"Pardon?" Humbles asks making sure she heard right
"I need you to be my wife, is there a problem?"
"...No not at all"Humble says with a confused expression on her face
After a minutes of silence Humble asks him why she needs to act like his wife but before she could say anything he spoke first.
" Miss Kim, I know its unusual for someone you just met to ask you to pretend to be their wife, well i have a planned engagement with another woman that i dislike very much, and i want out of the engagement, so i most act like i am in love and get married. but i will make sure that this marriage will only last for a short time." he says
Humble was very uncomfortable she thought when she applied to the job she would be doing office work, but she thought wrong
"Mr. Lee, how much are you offering me? And how long am I going to act like I am your wife?"
"$500,000 and you will only be my wife for about 2 months." he says looking at her coldly
"Okay." Humble was jumping up and down in her mind cause she was so happy that she was getting so much money in 2 months, but she knew that it wasnt right that he was offering her so much money
"Miss Kim, all the information you need is on this card, make sure you move in todai before 6:00pm." he says handing her the card

Name: Lee, Minwoo
Address: 6625 Shinhwa Rd.

After reading over the card Humble was curious what to call this man.
"Mr. Lee, umm... what should i call you?" Humble says looking up at him
"Minwoo, and i should call you Humble"he says looking straight at her
"Okay...Minwoo"
"Please go and get settled in the house. My parents will be coming soon to the house for dinner" Minwoo says sitting down at his chair and starts to do paper work.
Humble left the room with a confused face ' why cant he just tell his parents that he doesnt want to marry this girl...weird man'
Humble calls a taxi to go pick up her belongings.

Chapter 2

Ring Ring
Humble searched for her cell phone in her purse.
"Hello?"
"Humble!!! its me Eric...did you get the job??"
"...Yea I did,but....I have to move for a couple months...but the money I will be getting will help us so much."
Humble didn't want to mention to Eric that she was going to become someone else's wife. Her and Eric were in love and she just didn't want to ruin what she had with him.
Ever since they both were out of school they moved in together and got their own jobs to pay for themselves...both of their parents disowned them because they disliked the fact that their child was in love with each other.
"WHAT!! what do you mean your going to be gone for 2 months???" Eric said in a worried voice
"Look I need to go and do this for Mr. Lee and he will give me $500,000. That would help us sooo much Eric...you know it."
"....I know but what are you going to be doing for 2 months?"
Humble paused thinking of an excuse to say
"They are making me represent the company over in Japan...so they need me to go"
"But how could you just represent a company you just started??"Eric said
"They need for me to experience these things first before they totally hire me" Humble felt so bad that she was lying to Eric
"Oh...okay....well come home so that I can help you pack....when are you leaving?"
"I need to go tonight.....I know its soo soon, I'm sorry"
"Its okay, I guess....well come home fast! I will be waitng Humble! hehe well bye" then he hangs up
' I am sooo sorry Eric but I know that you would freak if I told you the truth.'

10 minutes later...

"Eric, I'm home!" Humble says placing her purse on the coffee table
"You're home??"eric says walking out of the bathroom
"Yea...."
There was an awkward silence
"Can i make you dinner before you leave???"Eric says looks at her sadly
"I would love it if you did Eric ...look you go and cook dinner and i will go pack real quick okay??"Humble says trying to cheer him up
"Okay...hurry up though i want to spend every last moment with you before you leave your for 2 months" eric says with a fake sadd face
"hahahaha you always make me laugh." humble says kissing him on the cheek then running off to her room to go pack
'What should i pack?? mmmm.....well i guess clothes.....but what should i wear i mean i am meeting Minwoo's parents.....wow I'm already meeting his parents when i dont even know him...weird'

5 minutes later

Humble comes out with a huge suitcase and places it next to the door. She could smell something that smelled really good
She walks into the kitchen and she see's Eric with a pink apron on. It looked so cute and funny.
"Eric what are you making?"Humble says trying to look over his shoulder to see what it was
"Pasta!" Eric says turning around hugging Humble like he was crazy
"ERRRIIIICCC PLLLEAASSEE GGGETTT OFF MEE!!!!!"Humble tried to say but she was giggling.
"Lets go eat!"Eric says placing two plates on the table
After they ate Humble looked at the clock and realized that she needed to leave it was already 5:00pm and she needed to be there by 6:00pm.
"Eric I need to go okay? I am suppose to go to the airport at 6:00 pm.....I am sooo sorry I have to leave so soon" Humble says getting up from the table
"Humble I'll drive you to the airport" he says getting up also
"No, its okay I can go on my own" Humble said preparing to leave the door
"Are you sure?"Eric says with a worried voice
"Yea... I will miss you a whole bunch...make sure u miss me too hehe"Humble says giving him a kiss
"I will always miss you"Eric gave her a kiss but his kiss was more passionate then hers
After minutes Humble pulled away and gave him a hug and whispered in his ear "I love you Eric" and gave him a kiss on the cheek
"I love you too Humble and that will never change"Eric says and Humble waves goodbye and starts to go.

In the taxi

"Where to Miss?" the driver asks
"...6625 Shinhwa Rd" Humble says looking out the window

Please reply...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-14-2003 10:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jDa Click here to Send jDa a Private Message Visit jDa's homepage! Find more posts by jDa Add jDa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

haha thats alot of dialogue... i could use somemore description tho... i get all the dialogue... but i don't feel it too much because there no atmosphere... but i like the predicament the main character is put in nice stuff... could use a little more background on the story though, but im sure you'll get to that since its only the 2nd chapter good stuff i look forward to the resolution...

Old Post 01-15-2003 05:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iTsmeehLita
lita lita

yea i agree .. there is alot of dialouge ... even though the reader should be able to pick up on the basic plot from the title .. you still need to draw the reader in by introducing characters .. so we can identity with the characters as well as the situations they are put into ...

and maybe with another fic .. you could start with a prolouge ... and with that .. you could do all the introducing and stuffs ...

well those are just self helpful hints! ...

Old Post 01-15-2003 06:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for iTsmeehLita Click here to Send iTsmeehLita a Private Message Find more posts by iTsmeehLita Add iTsmeehLita to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote