Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Love and Dating > First Date: How to Look Good Fast
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

First Date: How to Look Good Fast

(source: msn.com)

"Love hits when you least expect it. To your surprise, Mr. Wonderful or Ms. Right could come sauntering down the dairy aisle or wiping down the stair machine. You must be armed at all times. Here are a few things you may want to consider:

Pluck, peel and primp. For both men and women, spend some time on those eyebrows (if you’ve got one, make it two), give yourself a good facial and sit down to a manicure and pedicure. If this all sounds like more work than balancing the federal budget, treat yourself to a day at the spa before a big date.

Splurge on a good haircut. Can’t stress this one enough. I’ve done the quick-cuts thing when I just needed a trim for my low-maintenance "do," and it just doesn’t compare to the cut you get in a high-end salon. Subtle as the difference may be, a good quality haircut can change your entire look and attitude.

Eye appeal. Glasses can be very sexy, but if yours make you feel like Revenge of the Nerds, you may want to consider a trendy new pair or maybe even contacts. There are a variety of contact colors available. Try a different shade than your natural eye color for a fun, new look.

The breath test. Do friends constantly offer you Altoids and mint-flavored gum? Do co-workers take a step back when you move in to discuss a delicate business matter? If you think you may have a problem, ask a close (and honest) friend’s opinion. If he or she confirms the worst, talk to your dental hygienist about possible treatments.

Clothes, discipline and style. Personal assistants are now available for just about any need you can drum up: from personal trainers and personal shoppers to overall image consultants. Take some time to make a list of what you really want and need from this miracle worker, so that your stalled-out plan for "new and improved" doesn’t just become your assistant’s. Work with your personality and complement your best traits.

Inside out. Personal makeovers extend beyond the physical. I asked a very attractive and "dateable" male friend to tell me what draws him to certain women, and his response would make anyone feel better about the dating scene: "I think men love a confident woman—someone who’s not too flashy, but carries herself well. Personality is a plus too; a good personality can make an average woman more beautiful or a beautiful woman even better looking." "

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-19-2002 08:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WhiteLee
"Oh we totally have to."

Hahahah good advice!

"Before and After" Ayumi Hamasaki

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-20-2002 02:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteLee Click here to Send WhiteLee a Private Message Visit WhiteLee's homepage! Find more posts by WhiteLee Add WhiteLee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote