Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > TV and Movies > Jet li Vs. jackie chan
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
babeegurl369
<3

quote:
Originally posted by castle outsider
jet li

if any of you guys are chinese you know that jet li is much famous than jackie chan is china or taiwan....

im chinese and i knew jackie chan b4 i knew jet li...i think jackie chan is more popular in da states than jet cuz jackie has more english movies out....well i dunno...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-12-2002 12:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for babeegurl369 Click here to Send babeegurl369 a Private Message Find more posts by babeegurl369 Add babeegurl369 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by castle outsider
jet li

if any of you guys are chinese you know that jet li is much famous than jackie chan is china or taiwan. he was a monk in the shaolin temple for awhile before he got famous. jackie chan is just really creative with his moves which are pretty fun to watch. but for talent and experience, its definately jet li

jackie is a singer too

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-12-2002 02:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

jackie chan is smart..he knows like 9 languages

Old Post 07-12-2002 04:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ryosuke

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter

i know your statement was about his skills but i decided to address another part of your post.
So by your standard of being famous, a star like, lets say BOA is not actually really famous yet because she had not been recognized in the united states.

internationally famous? No. Maybe among the Korean population, but among general asians. Nope... hell who are you talking about?

Old Post 07-12-2002 05:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ryosuke Click here to Send ryosuke a Private Message Find more posts by ryosuke Add ryosuke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

what? :huh:

i was giving an example

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-12-2002 06:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stargazer
Music Lover

whoever that said Jacky Chan came here first is WRONG!! Jet Li came like a while before Jacky Chan did. But the Jey Li didn't make it big, so that's why EVERYONE thinks that Jacky Chan open the door for the Chinese fighting actors. and what about Chow Yun Fat and Bruce Lee?! In my opinion, Jet Li is easier on the eyes then Jacky Chan, don't get me wrong, I like them both... and I love Jey Li in Romeo Must Die With Aaliya.

Old Post 08-03-2002 08:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Stargazer Click here to Send Stargazer a Private Message Visit Stargazer's homepage! Find more posts by Stargazer Add Stargazer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jini
nan.. yunjiniee da ~

jackie chan.

wherever you go, whatever you do
i will be right here waiting for you
whatever it takes or how my heart breaks
i will be right here waiting for you

Old Post 08-07-2002 07:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jini Click here to Send jini a Private Message Visit jini's homepage! Find more posts by jini Add jini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

jackie is stronger...jet li is faster..hmmmm..really don't know

Old Post 08-07-2002 07:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

jackie!!
he's funnie and cheesy too... hahaha

Old Post 08-07-2002 07:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fanta joo hyung
Captain Korea

Chuck Norris

Old Post 08-09-2002 09:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for fanta joo hyung Click here to Send fanta joo hyung a Private Message Find more posts by fanta joo hyung Add fanta joo hyung to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

jet li would kick jackie chan's butt ne day! ahahaha

Old Post 08-09-2002 10:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peruperu
bored..... ~>_<~

jackie chan is funny~~
i dun like jet li that much..... his movies r too serious..... and when he wants to be funny..... it's not funny..... :huh:

i'm a sleepy pig~~ hehe~~

http://members.shaw.ca/peruperu/

Old Post 08-16-2002 09:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for peruperu Click here to Send peruperu a Private Message Visit peruperu's homepage! Find more posts by peruperu Add peruperu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drunken Master
Umm... Yeah...

Did you guys know that Jackie and Jet are making a movie together?

I'm not lying! It's even on Jet's website!

http://www.jetli.com/jetli/projects...kie.php?bw=high

I wanna see how this turns out

Old Post 08-18-2002 03:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Drunken Master Click here to Send Drunken Master a Private Message Find more posts by Drunken Master Add Drunken Master to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MiGhTy KiTTy
*MeOW* ^^

i cant say..cuz jackie has his goofiness while jet li has more of the exciting action. xP

hey did you know jet li lives near me? puhaha. ^^

Old Post 08-18-2002 06:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MiGhTy KiTTy Click here to Send MiGhTy KiTTy a Private Message Find more posts by MiGhTy KiTTy Add MiGhTy KiTTy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEmeant0r
Ex-Mod

Jacky

Old Post 08-18-2002 05:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DEmeant0r Click here to Send DEmeant0r a Private Message Visit DEmeant0r's homepage! Find more posts by DEmeant0r Add DEmeant0r to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ying-One
Underover World Ruler

Just to say something first. First of all Jacky Chan ISNT a martial artist, he actually started off as a Chinese opera actor who pretended to do martial arts. Also as it's already been said, Jet Li did actually come out on the scene first and not Jacky Chan, Jacky Chan was just more popular at the time.

Anyway, if it's about who would win in a fight, Jet Li would win. PS, Jacky Chan is a really really crap singer.

---If ever in doubt, just say "Aiya!"

Old Post 08-20-2002 01:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ying-One Click here to Send Ying-One a Private Message Find more posts by Ying-One Add Ying-One to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drunken Master
Umm... Yeah...

But I thought they learned Martial Arts in that Opera house. That's the same opera house that housed Sammo Hung, and Yuen Biao.

Old Post 08-20-2002 06:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Drunken Master Click here to Send Drunken Master a Private Message Find more posts by Drunken Master Add Drunken Master to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

if they were to get in a fite...jet li wud definitely win. jackie's movies are hilarious and jet li's are serious...just depends on wut u like i guess...i like both i wanna see the movie they're making 2gethr

Old Post 08-21-2002 06:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
azn0monk
mystupidSNfromwayback

jackie chan has been in a real fight. he won..on the other hand, he was not taught "martial" (peking opera is more for acting)

jet li has not been in a real fight, but he is one of the top 1st grade stylists on the Bei jing wushu team..and he learned all 18 shaolin weapons..
also the neijia (internal chinese MA) like ba gua, xing yi, and taijiquan.
With all this skill ..he naturally would be practical.

but compared to many OFF screen masters that learn traditionally, old skool stuff..hes just mediocre in a real situation..
he admits that too~

I think Jet Li has more potential.
but experience changes everything..

and to clear something up-

SOMETIMES..the thinner the guy, the more dangerous he is!
an old saying goes something like "4 ounces will defeat a thousand pounds" chigong > physical strength

u cant be real muscular and have chigong, u can be medium..
too many muscles creates too much tension, the chi cannot flow!
o boy..lol..

Old Post 08-22-2002 07:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for azn0monk Click here to Send azn0monk a Private Message Find more posts by azn0monk Add azn0monk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

I like Jet Li's stuph better, onli cause Im into serious fast action stuph. I thought The Enforcer, Defender, and Kiss of tha dragon wuz great cause its so freakin crazie how he kills everyone, its so nasti, buh thats how i like to see people die in action movies hahahaha... I also liked Romeo Must Die, the action scenes were kik, storie wuznt badd too.

Jackies too clumsi and acts weird. they made him look stoopid. I wuz like wtf wen i saw Shanghai, he got drunk, got High, got naked and bathed wit another guy, play that weirdass game (that wuz pretty funni tho haha "Uno Mas"). I dun kno Im not reallie into comedi, even tho his fite scenes were good.

Old Post 08-23-2002 12:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote