Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > TV and Movies > favorite drama series?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
saranghae

favorite drama series?

i really like this one chinese series... eternal happiness... its soo pretty ^^

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-02-2002 02:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

alritie... since no one bothered to post here... i'll give a summary of eternal happiness... my fav drama ^^ haha... i took this off a site... so um yea... credits to origami51

Characters:
Man Lai Kwan: Michelle Yip
Wong Bo Siu Wah: Raymond Lam
Tit Mook Yee/King: Joe Ma
Wing Lan: Rain Lau
Man Chi Yuan: Mok Kar Kiu
Ying Shuet/So Wan: Tavia Yeung
Lau Yeen Yok: Myolie Wu
9th Wong Ye: Liu Kai Chi

The story:
The story is about a girl named Man Lai Kwan. Her father was a prestigious palace doctor from the previous dynasty, the Sung. The Man family consisted of Lai Kwan, her older brother (Man Chi Yuan), her father (Man Si Yuan), Lai Kwan's mother and two other maids, Wing Lang and Ying Shuet. Lai Kwan was extremely intelligent and would sneak to attend her brother's school. Man Si Yun was a man of traditional beliefs and tried to instill these beliefs on Lai Kwan. He believes that the parents are the ones who determine the daughter's marriage. He arranged for Lai Kwan to be married to Wong Bo Sui Wah, an honest and righteous man. However, Lai Kwan is a girl of stubborn nature. She believes in finding true love for herself. Lai Kwan rejected the idea of arranged marriage because she found these ideas too old fashioned. She could not make herself love a man that she does not know. So she ran away from her marriage.

Prior to that though, she had already met Wong Bo Siu Wah. He, Lai Kwan and a Mongolian man, Tit Mook Yee, has made a pact to be sworn brothers, but because Wong Bo Siu Wah had used a different name, Lai Kwan did not know his true identity. Lai Kwan, at that time, was dressed as a man and she was known to Wong Bo Siu Wah and Tit Mook Yee as a boy named Ngai Chi Wan, a nephew of Man Si Yuan. Through Lai Kwan's encounter with Tit Mook Yee she began to develop a crush on him. Tit Mook Yee's true identity was a Mongolian prince. He also suspected that Ngai Chi Wan was actually a girl in disguise, but because he was called home because of his father's sickness he was not able to confront her. Tit Mook Yee also develops feelings for Lai Kwan. Lai Kwan also mistakens that he was the person who played the flute she heard many times by her house at night.

She commented that the person who plays this tune on the flute must be a person of exceptional character. However, it was actually Wong Bo Siu Wah who plays the lovely melody that Lai Kwan lingers on. In the town that Lai Kwan lives, there lived a prestigious official, Lau Ji. His son, Lau Fui Bik would often cause trouble in the town and pick on his half sister, Lau Yeen Yok, who is more kind in nature. Lau Fui Bik had seen the maid of Lai Kwan, Ying Shuet, and had fallen for her beauty. However, he had mistaken that she was Man Lai Kwan, so he went to propose to the Man family, but the Man family refused because of his character and because Lai Kwan was arranged for Siu Wah. Fui Bik used his father's reputation and had Siu Wah's father locked up. Meanwhile, Lai Kwan and her maid Wing Lan, dressed as men, met up with mountain robbers. The female leader starts to develop a crush on Lai Kwan. Lai Kwan meets up with Wong Bo Siu Wah and realized his true identity and gets mad at him. Siu Wah, Lai Kwan, and the bandits decide to go save Siu Wah's father. Fui Bik continued to apply pressure on the Man family to have Lai Kwan married over to his family.

Ying Shuet promised him so that he would not harm the Man family. On their wedding night, Fui Bik told Ying Shuet that as soon as he is done with her, he was going to sell her to the prostitute house. Ying Shuet injured him and jumped into the river to commit suicide. Fui Bik had Man Si Yuan arrested for having his "daughter" plot against him. Siu Wah also thought that Lai Kwan was dead is upset by that and wanted to smash the jade bangle that he had originally bought for Lai Kwan. However, Lai Kwan stopped him and said that there's a chance "Lai Kwan" might be alive. In order to save Man Si Yuan, Lai Kwan and Siu Wah, and Wing Lan decided to go to Dai Dou, the capital.

Siu Wah later discovers that Lai Kwan is actually a girl, but he assumes that she was Lai Kwan's female cousin instead of Lai Kwan herself. On the road, they went through many obstacles and Lai Kwan and Siu Wah realized that they like each other. At the capital, Lai Kwan went to take the scholar's exams so she can try to save her father's life. She was able to become a scholar. She finds out that Tit Mook Yee is the King. The King likes Lai Kwan a lot, but Lai Kwan likes Siu Wah instead and finds ways of rejecting the King's offers. Towards the end, Lai Kwan's identity was revealed publicly. The king had no choice but to sentence her to death. So what happens to Lai Kwan? Find out for yourself!

**** i'll juss say the ending here ^^ lai kwan ends up with siu wah.. well there u go...

Old Post 10-03-2002 04:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEmeant0r
Ex-Mod

I rarely watch chinese dramas, but I find that Meteor Garden is de best

Old Post 10-03-2002 06:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DEmeant0r Click here to Send DEmeant0r a Private Message Visit DEmeant0r's homepage! Find more posts by DEmeant0r Add DEmeant0r to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

-Autumn Story!!!
-Untraceable Evidence
-Huan Zhu GeGe

Old Post 10-03-2002 07:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

umm i neva watched chinese drama buh i watched sum korean ones.. i liked "Gahooldongah", "Gyuhoolyungah", "yooleegoodoo" those are reallie good.. rite now im watchin "Rival" very fun and jus recentli i finished watchin "nehmohtdaeloohaelah" anotha good one buh that one is a mini-series..

Old Post 10-03-2002 08:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jini
nan.. yunjiniee da ~

piano.
ga ool dongah.
yoorigoodoo.

the stuff that makes me CRY.. is good. if it doesn't make me cry, it's not good.

wherever you go, whatever you do
i will be right here waiting for you
whatever it takes or how my heart breaks
i will be right here waiting for you

Old Post 10-03-2002 11:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jini Click here to Send jini a Private Message Visit jini's homepage! Find more posts by jini Add jini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

quote:
Originally posted by jini
piano.
ga ool dongah.
yoorigoodoo.

the stuff that makes me CRY.. is good. if it doesn't make me cry, it's not good.

haha yubyub!!

Old Post 10-04-2002 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

do u watch japanese series? they're pretty good... except the anciet ones... they're kinda boring.

Old Post 10-04-2002 06:09 AM
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

quote:
Originally posted by saranghae
do u watch japanese series? they're pretty good...

yea i like one called "Be Nice to People", about 3 guys who find a kid at their doorstep cos his mother abandoned him. and they decided to adopt him in the end. they are so funny!! and the kid is really really cute!

also i like "Shota's Sushi", very interesting sushi drama, i didnt know sushi making is so difficult!!

Old Post 10-05-2002 05:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

sushi? haha... japanese people always make everything perfect... my mom makes sushi... but not in the correct way... haha.

i watched this really nice japanese drama... too heart... its sooo cute... its about this boxing dood... and his relationship with a girl... he's really cute too ^^ and she's really pretty ^^... dunno their name thoe.

Old Post 10-05-2002 06:46 AM
LiquidMJ

Korean dramas need to put the cute gurls back in...Like in Rival...the story is good, but that gurl is not cute...I do kinda see her and kinda cute after watchin for a bit...but its harder to get into...Neh Sarang Pat Chi is fun but Jang Nara is UGLY!!! I know that even in the title of the drama it has ugly stepsister in it...but atleast get someone that if u keep watchin mite be cute...I tried and I tried but Jang Nara is ugly no matter HOW i see her...

I miss Song Hye Kyo and Kim Hee Sun (even though shes gettin older)...

Old Post 10-05-2002 09:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LiquidMJ Click here to Send LiquidMJ a Private Message Visit LiquidMJ's homepage! Find more posts by LiquidMJ Add LiquidMJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

kyuh ool yung gah - all time favorite
gah eul dong wah
yoo ri goo doo
popcorn
ah bbuh ji chuh luhm..sahl gi shi luh suh
cool
myung sung hwang hoo
wong guhn
nae sa rang noo kool gah
piano
model
all about eve
ah leum dah oon nahl deul

Old Post 10-05-2002 09:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

quote:

i watched this really nice japanese drama... too heart... its sooo cute... its about this boxing dood... and his relationship with a girl... he's really cute too ^^ and she's really pretty ^^... dunno their name thoe.

i know wat drama you are talking about! they showed it on tv here...that boxing guy is a singer in a boyband called kinki kids. and the girl was like stalking him in the show right? haha so funny..i duno her name too! but she's got a really sweet face!!

Old Post 10-05-2002 10:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

ooo! ooo! yay... u knoe that one too! that one is like my fav jap drama! i thought it was sooo sweet! i skipped a lot cuz it was on sunday at 10 pm... and i couldn't watch it cuz i had school :sad: wut happened at the end?-- they got together?

Old Post 10-05-2002 10:08 PM
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

the last time i saw it, the guy had to give up boxing cos he had an eye injury, and if he boxed again, he might go blind! but he just wants to go ahead with it cos he's fighting an arch enemy. And the girl [who is the chairman of his fanclub!!haha] tries to get him not to! In the end of that episode, he sorta dumped his colleague girlfriend and chased after the girl! yeay! there was a touching hugging crying scene...very sweet!

i'll check with my friends bout the ending, i'm pretty sure they end up together!

Old Post 10-05-2002 10:22 PM
saranghae

she was his stalker? woah... haha... i thought they were like childhood friends or something... haha... i couldn't understand it... it didn't have english subtitles... darn... haha.

Old Post 10-05-2002 10:42 PM
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

quote:
she was his stalker? woah... haha... i thought they were like childhood friends or something... haha... i couldn't understand it... it didn't have english subtitles... darn... haha.

no subtitles??? damn that sucks!!

yea she actually first saw him from one of those binoculars thingy at the top of a building, that one you gotta put some money in it to view the city! and she saw him working at the flower shop, and from then on she kept checking on him everyday and spending all her coins! eventually she went to the store and found out about his boxing match, and went there to support him! after the match she managed to meet him...and thats how it all began.. [aww how sweet! *sob*]

Old Post 10-05-2002 10:46 PM
saranghae

awww.... that's sooo sweet!

all i remember was like he was at this boxing match and then something happened between them... and she got really depressed... he went to see her and they talked.. blah... i can't remember much >.< its been a while.

hey... have u seen this one... its about 2 twins who's parents own a tofu shop.

Old Post 10-05-2002 10:52 PM
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

oh that sounds so familiar but i cant remember!! >_<|||

did you watch this drama called Love Revolution? About this girl's [who is a doctor] love triangle with an actor and reporter..its also a very sweet drama! The reporter is very good looking! :P~~~

Old Post 10-06-2002 07:48 AM
_nAbEe_YaH_
*zZzZzZz*

i LyKe CrYiNg...sHo SaD oNeZ aRe mAi faVeZ...hAhA...i GuEsS dA TyPiCaL kOrEaN dRaMa, WhErE tHeY DiE oF cAr aCciDeNt Or CaNcEr...hEhE...

Old Post 10-06-2002 08:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for _nAbEe_YaH_ Click here to Send _nAbEe_YaH_ a Private Message Find more posts by _nAbEe_YaH_ Add _nAbEe_YaH_ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote