Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Creative Writing > TRAGIC LOVE...(my first fic)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SamLee

TRAGIC LOVE...(my first fic)

~warning: my first fic so bear with me :) ~

featuring: Fly to the Sky, Eugene (SES), Junjin (shinhwa), and other few surprise cameos...

--chapter one--

**There has been an accident on tha 710. A black Hyundai Tiburon was rolled off tha side of tha freeway after it collided with an 18-wheeler. It has been reported that tha truck driver fell asleep at tha wheel. The driver of tha black Hyundai was quickly deported to Cedars-Sinai Hospital and is reported to be in critical condition. The driver's name was just in-he's identified as Brian Joo. He was visiting some frends in tha area. He's originally from New Jersey. The truck driver was harmless yet he was sent to tha hospital also, to be checked for any internal injuries. This is all tha information we have right now, and once we get more details, we'll be sure to report it. Back to you Brent. **

"This can't be happening! That is NOT Brian Joo," Fany cried as he heard his best frend was in tha huge car/truck collision. "No! This is not happening!" He continued to be in disbelief. He then ran out of tha house to Cedars-Sinai to see for himself. Tears started to form in his eyes as he's rushing to tha hospital as soon as he can. "You came to visit me and now ur in this predicament. It's all my fault! I should've went to ur house, then none of this would've happened" he cried. He arrives in tha parking lot of tha hospital and ran straight to tha main building.

"Where's tha room for Brian Joo?" he asked in panic.
"Hold on sir. Let me check" answered tha secretary, as she goes into her computer checking for tha name. "He's in tha emergency room right now and ur not allowed in there. There is a waiting room close by. The room is 348-B."

Fany rushed up tha elevator with tears still in his eyes. He didn't know wat to think. His closest frend is dying on tha third floor of tha hospital and all he could do was sit and wait for tha doctor to report tha news. He felt so helpless. He finally arrived to 348-B and waited in tha hallways. He was there for hours and suddenly a doctor exited tha room. He quickly got to his feet and approach tha doctor.

"Sir, i'm Brian's frend. How is he? Is he okay?" Fany demanded an answer. The doctor looked at him and stayed silent for a couple of minutes. He then put his hands on Fany's shoulders and took him into his office.

"Mr. Brian Joo was in a tragic collision earlier today. He sustained injuries to his head, cracked rips, broken collar bone, along with many internal injuries. He's still in a coma and once the surgeons finish their work, and he's in stable condition, i'll make sure to let u know when u can see him. As of right now, in his condition, i can't promise u that he will survive tha tragedy. I'm sorry sir." the doctor explained.

All Fany could do was sit there in shock and was speechless. He started to cry aloud and tha doctor consoled him for a while before he had to leave on another call. Fany left tha office and went back to sit in tha hallway by tha room Brian was in. He was tha only one there in tha hospital for Brian because his parents and friends were all in New Jersey. This was his first time in California and unfortunately, he's becoming a victim of tha California's freeways.

..................................................................................

It's been exactly three weeks and a half since Brian was in tha coma. Fany had not gone home from tha hospital since he first heard of tha news. The doctors have been telling him to go home and to eat some food yet he refused. Brian's parents finally heard of the news and arrived, yet they were all resting at Fany's house by now. They, too, urged Fany to return home yet he didn't listen. He was getting sick yet he knew he couldn't give up on his friend, Brian Joo.

"Excuse me, are u Fany?" a nurse confronted him.
"Yes, that is me" Fany said weakly.
"Hi, I'm tha nurse taking tha shift for this part of tha building. I've seen u here before and tha doctors said u haven't left that seat since ur frend was put here." she started.
"You wouldn't understand. He was more than a frend to me. He was like my brother. I would trade places with him without hesitating if i had to." Fany said as he started to turn his back on her because he knew that she was sent there to convince him to go home.
"I know how u feel Fany, but he would be even more hurt knowing that ur doing urself like this, but i know u won't listen to me if i told u to go home, so i brought u this pillow and blanket so u'd be more comfortable. Those seats are pretty stiff." she said. Fany had a surprised look on his face because all tha other nurses kept attempting to send him home, yet this nurse was different.

"Oh, and whenever u get hungry just go straight down to tha second floor. I will be there and i'll give u something to eat. You look very pale and skinny, i don't want u to starve urself now. Please take my invitation." she added.
Fany didn't know how to respond. She was being nice to him. Everyone else got irritated at his presence because he looked like he was gonna be another patient they'd have to treat if he didn't eat anything for a long time.
"Thank you ma'am, i owe u big time. Thanx for understanding me. I'll never forget it." Fany said as he glanced at tha nurse that was treating him more as a frend, than a hospital visitor.
"No problem, and if u need anything else, my name is Eugene."she said as she slipped him a smile.
"Thank you again Ms. Nurse Eugene." Fany replied. She gave out a laugh. "What's so funny?" Fany asked.
"You called me Ms. Nurse Eugene. That made me sound pathetic. Just call me Eugene okay?" she answered.
"Okay Ms. Eugene." Fany corrected himself. She still gave him an amusing look because he was being so polite and shy at tha same time.

A few hours later, Fany was still thinking about tha invitation Eugene had given him. He felt his stomach growl a couple of times and tried to ignore it yet it wouldn't stop. He finally gave in and headed for tha second floor cafeteria. He quickly approached it and couldn't wait to get some food in his system. He found Eugene standing there giving some food and conversing with an elder man confined to a wheelchair. Her eyes were full of concern and passion for the work that she does. Fany couldn't help but stand there and admire her love for tha disabled and sick ones there. She was getting up and going towards tha kitchen when she glanced and saw Fany standing there looking dead.

"Hey Fany, welcome to tha cafeteria" she smiled, glad to see that he's finally going to eat.
"Hey Nur...i mean..Eugene. I just came to see how things were with you." Fany lied. He was really there to find something to fill his empty stomach.
"Did you want something to eat? Wait here okay, I'll fix u something myself" she said nervously, as her hands started to tremble. The elder men and women who knew Eugene for some time now all stared at her. She has never been that nervous before. Then they stared at Fany and saw this young man who was well-built yet looked kinda disorganized because he's been in tha hospital for so long without going home.

Fany sat there waiting for Eugene and holding onto his stomach. He started to converse with this young man sitting there. He had to use a cane to support him whenever he was going to walk because his left leg was weak and would give out on him.

"Hello there. Are you here to help us out sir?" tha man said.
"Oh no. I was actually here to see a frend of mine. He's been in a coma for well over two weeks now." Fany replied.
"I'm sorry to hear that."
"But uh...did u need any help with anything? If it's something i can do, i'd be glad to help u" Fany said, volunteering to help tha man.
"Oh, i don't wanna bother u, but i really need some water. My throat is killing me"
Fany quickly got out of his seat to get a paper cup and filled it with tha cold water in tha drinking fountain. When he returned to the man to give him tha water, he saw Eugene in tha corner of his eyes. She just smiled at him and stood there. The man looked at Fany as his attention was now at Eugene.
"Hey kid. She's very nice and beautiful. If u really want to ask her out, I think i can put in a couple of words in for u when she's taking me for a walk." the man said as he's winking at Fany. Fany just gave him a smile and said, "No, no, no thanks sir."
"Hey Fany, you've only been here for about fifteen to twenty minutes and ur already helping out the people here. Thank you so much. It means a lot to me, and a lot more to them." Eugene stated as she approached Fany.
"Oh, well he just needed some water and i was just assisting him. It wasn't much work, really."Fany said, tryin' to be as modest as possible.
"Oh kid! Come on. She's totally diggin' you. Ask her out already!" the man said with annoyance.
Eugene and Fany both looked at each other and then at tha man as they laughed it off. Eugene then led Fany to tha back of tha kitchen and gave him tha food she made for him.

"So, how long have u worked here Eugene?" Fany asked, tryin' to start a conversation.
"About three and a half years already. I liked every minute of it...well except when i have to see people that i've been close with, passing away. I hate that part of tha job" Eugene said as she went from a smile to a frown.
"Well, I'm glad there are people like u in this world. It's a hard job because there's so many people who need help, and to know ur there for them makes them feel so secured. I really do admire you Eugene." Fany said tryin' to comfort her tha best way he can.
Eugene smiled at Fany and thanked him for tha reassurance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

..to be continued..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-21-2002 07:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SamLee Click here to Send SamLee a Private Message Find more posts by SamLee Add SamLee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SamLee

chapter two

chapter two

"Fany! Fany! Wake up!"
Fany heard someone yelling out his name as he was sleeping on his seat by Brian's room. He rose up to see who was calling his name. It was a nurse. At first he thought it was Eugene, but it wasn't her. Her shift hasn't started yet. He answered tha nurses call.
"Mr. Fany, your frend, Brian, has just been transported to tha second floor in room number 208-A. You were deep in ur sleep during tha whole thing and i didn't wanna wake u because it was tha first time anybody seen u sleep so good." the nurse replied.
Fany quickly got onto his feet, thanked tha nurse, and headed to room 208-A. As he was walking down tha hallway, he ran into Eugene. She just got in, and was wearing casual clothes. Fany has never seen her dressed this way, because she was always in her nurse outfit. He approached her.

"Hey Eugene. You look nice today." Fany said with a smile. Eugene just blushed. "Thanx Fany" she whispered as if she was too shy to talk.
"Oh, well Brian just got transported to 208-A so i guess i'll see a lot more of u down here eh?" Fany said as if he was glad to see more of her.
"He did? So that must mean he's regained consciousness. You should go visit him. I'll be in there soon, I have to go change and get ready for work now anyways. I'll see u around soon Fany." Eugene said, smiling at him.

Fany walked into tha room Brian was in. He saw Brian's eyes open and close a couple of times. Fany was happy to see his frend able to move around again. He walks up to him with tha biggest smile he can give and took Brian's hands.

"Hey B, you're finally awake. I missed u man." Fany said, tryin' not to remind Brian of how he got in tha hospital.
Brian just stared at him for a while, trying to remember who this person was. After a couple of seconds it dawned on him. "Fany? Is that you?" he asked.
Fany looked at him weird and then replied, "Yea, it's me B. Did u lose ur memory?"
"Hey wassup Fany. Good to see you here. Sorry i didn't make it to your house on time. I kinda got stuck in traffic" Brian jokingly said as he gave he started laughing. Fany was shocked to see Brian in such a good mood after all he's been thru.
"The same ol' Brian eh. Never taking anything seriously. Well i'm glad to see u back to ur old self. I'll call ur parents and sister and tell them tha good news. They've been here since i told them about you." Fany said as he takes out his cellphone.
"Ay! You tryin' to kill me Fany? You know they don't let u use cellphones in here. Don't u watch tha news? Sheesh!" Brian said as he raised his hands tryin' to hit Fany. Fany then left tha room and went outside to make tha phone call.

Eugene was making her daily routine check-up on all her patients when she suddenly arrived room 208-A. "Hmm. this room sounds familiar. Someone told me about this room..." she thought to herself. As she entered tha room, she sees Brian laying there staring at tha ceiling.
"Hello sir, my name is Eu-" she said with a surprised look on her face.
"Eugene!" Brian interrupted her sentence, also with shocked eyes.
"Oh my...wat are u doing here Brian? Aren't u supposed to be in New Jersey?" Eugene said, still stiffed with shock.
"I came to visit my friend and uh...got into an accident. WOW! And how are u doing?"
"I missed you! Ever since i moved down here, i didn't think i'd see u again! I..I...uh.." Eugene was still at a loss for words. She then heard someone yelling for her for assistance.
"Well uh...i'll be right back. There's a patient that needs my help. You stay th..well u can't leave anyways, but be right bak okay?" she said as she rushed out.
Just then, Fany walks back in tha room. "Umm, B, why's ur face like that? It's like u just saw a ghost or somethin' " Fany asked.
Brian kept that face as if he was in a trance. Fany waved his hands in front of Brian a couple of times before he woke up to his senses.
"Oh Fany. Uh....sorry, i was just thinkin' about some stuff." Brian finally replied.
"You just woke from a coma and ur already stressing? C'mon, just relax. Take this as ur vacation man. Well ur parents and Boa are gonna be here any minute now. Since you're already awake and going alright, I'll be going home. I need some serious sleep" Fany said as he was leaving.

Before he decided to leave, Fany went to try and find Eugene one last time. He knew he wouldn't be able to see her much after Brian leaves tha hospital, because he had no other reason to stay. He goes into tha cafeteria and found her helping some of tha elderly ones out with their food. He walks up to tha man he helped out tha other day to say hello.

"Hey there. I'm back, but not for long. I'm gonna be heading home to get some sleep in" Fany says to the man.
"Hello there kid. Well it was nice meeting you, ur a very kind-hearted man. I really do think you should ask Eugene for a date or something, You two would make a very nice couple. Earlier today while she was giving me a walk, I mentioned you." tha man said.
"Oh? uh....wat exactly did u tell her?" Fany questioned.
"Hmm..nothing u don't know already. I told her tha obvious. Everytime ur around, she gets nervous and everytime u look at her, ur always staring at her and forgetting tha rest of tha world. I know u guys like each other." tha man cleverly says as he gives Fany a soft punch in tha arm.
"Well, uh...,"Fany says, tryin' to change subjects,"I'm gonna be going soon. Did u need anything else while i'm here?"
"Kid, ur a great help. Can i get a cup of water and i'll leave u alone." tha man asked.
Fany walked to get tha water for him when once again, he sees Eugene. He didn't know how to talk to her now that he has someone trying to hook them up together. He's been thinkin' about her since they first met but he never really thought he'd ever fall for her.
"Hey Eugene, i'm just helping that man over there with some water. I want to talk to u really fast after. Can i?" Fany asked her.
"Sure, but i really have a lot of work to do, so please make it brief." Eugene said, as her hands started to tremble in nervousness once more.
Fany gave tha water to tha man and wished he would get well soon. The man looked at him and thanked him very much for all of his help.
"Hey kid. Your name is Fany right? I'll remember that, and when i get out of here, I'll make sure to repay u for ur kindness." the man said.
"No, it's really nothing. I just gave u water. If u want to thank anybody, thank Eugene. She's been there for you all tha time." Fany was being modest once more.
"Well nice meeting you Fany. I'm Junjin, and i'm gonna hook u up with Eugene before i get out of here" Junjin says as he started to laugh.
Fany led Eugene out of tha room for a moment and tried to talk to her and get straight to tha point because she didn't have much time to talk.
"Eugene, I'm gonna be going home now. My friend's parents are gonna be here to care for him now. I haven't been home for such a long time. But i just wanted to thank you so much for all your help. Since i first saw u until now, u've been very kind to me. If you would please accept my offer, I'd like to take u out to dinner tonight when ur shift is over." Fany said as he kinda shyed away quickly. Eugene just smiled and looked at him as if she's been waiting for him to ask her out a long time ago.
"Yes, i'd love to go to dinner with you Fany, here's my number, call me okay" Eugene said as she got out a piece of paper and wrote her name and number down, then handed it to Fany. Fany smiled, as a baby in a candy store, and thanked her once again before he left. Eugene stood there watching him walking out until his presence was not visible any longer. She then smiled and whispered to herself, "Goodbye Fany, see you tonight."

Old Post 07-21-2002 08:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SamLee Click here to Send SamLee a Private Message Find more posts by SamLee Add SamLee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SamLee

chapter three

chapter three

Fany quickly got out of bed and went straight to tha showers tryin' to be as clean as possible for Eugene. He finally stopped denying how much feelings he actually does have for her and he wish tonight could be tha night he tells her his true feelings. As he gets out of tha showers, he then sits on his bed staring at tha closet, wondering wat to wear.

Meanwhile, back in tha hospital, Eugene was making her last run checking all of tha patients. She stumbled into room 208-A and saw Brian laying there looking bored. His face expression suddenly changed as he saw Eugene walking in.

"Hey Eugene. It's about time u come back in here. I'm really glad to meet u again, but unfortunately i have to be like this, " Brian said as he points to all tha bandages that were still on his body.
"Oh, I'm just glad that you're okay. When i heard tha doctors saying ur name and rushing u into tha emergency operating room, i didn't think it would be tha Brian Joo that i knew, because u were still in New Jersey. I thought about it every night, wondering if it was you or not." Eugene replied as she started to stretch and yawn.
"Eugene, you can't leave me again. Please stay here with me tonight. It would mean so much to me. I know i look horrible with all these bandages, but please...i'm begging you..as a friend..i know i haven't been the best boyfriend in tha past, but please." Brian begged as he was starting to cry.
"Brian, i'll be here for you tomorrow. I promise. But i really have to go. I have to go somewhere tonight and i really, really can't miss my appointment. It's really important to me." Eugene pleaded and was about to walk out. Her eyes were full of hurt because half of her wanted to stay there with Brian.
"Eugene...i will never ask anything more from you...I know you don't love me anymore, but I would've thought u'd still be a friend to me. Do you know how bad i felt when u moved out here without telling me? I know i took u for granted and i'm really sorry, but to see u walk away from me again would really hurt me. I just want you to be here with me tonight before i go back into surgery." Brian was crying uncontrollably now.
Eugene's eyes were drowned in tears as she thought about Fany and how excited he was to have dinner with her. She was so confused and lost. Then her cellphone rang and she left tha room to answer it.
"Hello?" Eugene said, wishing it to be Fany.
"Hey, Eugene. It's me Fany. Sorry i didn't call u earlier but--"Fany started before getting interrupted by Eugene.
"Fany, I had a last minute change in my schedule and i can't leave right now. I have to work over time and i won't make it for dinner. I'm so sorry, please don't be mad at me. I..i.." Eugene said, trying not to sound as if she's been crying.
"Eugene, don't uh...worry..i...I was uh..just calling to tell u....i ....can't make it tonight...so don't feel so bad okay...you're only doing ur job...we can make it anyother day..." Fany lied over tha phone, looking disappointed and gloomy, but not wanting Eugene to feel so bad about herself.

Eugene hang tha phone up and went back to Brian's room. This time he didn't react tha same. Instead, he decided to ignore her because she was gonna leave him no matter how much he pleaded. Eugene approached him, with one hand rubbing her forehead, as if she was in a state of stress and frustration. She sat next to him and stared at tha ground.

"You know you really don't have to be here. I can't force u to do anything and it was childish of me to beg for u, as if u were never gonna be back. You have to be back. You're tha nurse and i'm tha patient. I guess i just missed you so much since u left Jersey. So go ahead and have fun tonight. I'll be sitting here with nothing to do, but it's okay. It's my fault i got in tha car accident. " Brian stated as coldly as possible, trying to make her feel bad for him.
"Brian, it's okay. I just got a call and i decided to cancel my plans tonight. I'm gonna be here with you. I want to be there with you before you go back into surgery. It's tha best i can do for you, since you've been there for me so many times when we were both in Jersey." Eugene said, as if she was regretting her decision to stay.
"I knew i could count on you Eugene. Once i get out these bandages, i'll make sure to take u somewhere special. Take my word on that." Brian smiled at Eugene. Eugene looked at him and gave him a weak smile in return.

Fany decided he couldn't sleep without seeing Eugene. He knew she felt really bad for cancelling the date and she must be overwhelmed with stress because she had to work overtime. Should i go see her? I really don't want her to feel bad but she must be really busy with all those patients if she had to work overtime. He finally got up out of his house and decided to go visit her. He picked up a rose from his garden to give to her. As he enters, he decides to go see Junjin and surprise him first.

"Hey Jin!"
"Fany, you're back! Do you know how empty tha hospital has been since you left? I actually had to go get my own water." Junjin said, jokingly.
"Well here i am, and guess wat i brought you" Fany said, with a huge smile on his face.
"What? What?"
Fany brought a big bottle of water for Junjin. Junjin's face lit up with laughter as he accepted tha gift Fany had given to him.
"Wow, Fany. You're so great of a friend. I'll never forget you buddy. So, uh, wassup with you and Eugene? She came in a couple of minutes ago and she had this really depressed look on her face. I didn't want to ask her anything because she didn't seem like she wanted to talk. You should go see her."
"Yea, i'm about to. I just decided to come see you first and give you your bottle of water." Fany said as he's about to leave tha room. He walked around tha hall and was about to enter Brian's room before he talked to Eugene. He saw tha door was sorta opened so before he entered, he decided to take a peek to see if Brian was already sleeping. He then, sees a nurse aiding Brian. It was....it was...Eugene. He was gonna surprise them both, cus it seemed Brian has gotten to know Eugene now. Then it was as if something stopped him from bursting in right away and he just listened to them talking for a while.

"So Eugene, it's really been a while since we've been together like this and i miss talking and listening to you." Brian said.
"Well i really wanted to move on with my life and i kept seeing you with so many other girls on your side, i didn't think our relationship would be a healthy one, so i decided to leave. I didn't think u'd miss me so much Brian." Eugene replied.
Fany was shocked at hearing this. They knew each other before? They were a couple? This can't be.
"Eugene, you know i still love you. I think about you everyday and my heart aches knowing i'd never see you again. And now all of a sudden i meet you again. I'd get into a car collision all over again if i could see you again." Brian looked Eugene in tha eyes and put his hands on her cheeks. Eugene just started to get teary-eyed.
"Deep in my heart, i do still love you Brian. I really do..but..I'm trying to move on with my life. I--i.."
"I want to be part of ur new life. I know I was ur past, but i really want to be with you in ur present and future life too. I've changed Eugene. I know wat's important in my life, and it's you."
Fany felt heartbroken at hearing tha conversation, and instead of bursting in at all, he decided to leave tha rose he intended to give to Eugene on tha floor and walked out of tha building. Brian was his friend and he didn't want to be tha third wheel in their relationship so he tries to forget his feelings for Eugene.

Old Post 07-21-2002 08:03 PM
MellowYellow

whoot whoot .. heh heh... you're premeiring here just like you said.. and this is really interesting so far... lol i read the first couple of word and saw the word tiburon....... muhahaha.. lol

keep writing.. and up date soon!

Old Post 07-22-2002 04:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lilkiki

hello, i just read ur fic, n it was good. please post more

Old Post 03-01-2003 12:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lilkiki Click here to Send lilkiki a Private Message Find more posts by lilkiki Add lilkiki to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krNswTyUhjA
koREAn DoRkiEsT YuHJa

omg more more!! ish go0d buddy!~

Old Post 03-06-2003 01:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krNswTyUhjA Click here to Send krNswTyUhjA a Private Message Find more posts by krNswTyUhjA Add krNswTyUhjA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

aww~ that's really nice

Old Post 03-07-2003 03:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote