Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Food > TOFU and recipe
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
redoubt
grasshopper pie

TOFU and recipe

Some ideas for tofu, since I love it so dang much

1) mix into smoothies as an extra ingredient to add extra texture and flavor
2) freeze and thaw. Microwave it and eat with some steak sauce for vegetarian meat snack
3) crush and puree it with something (knife, spoon, etc) with rice and vegetables for good meal
4) wrap warmed soft tofu and rice inside dried seawood and roll
5) add and tofu (hard or soft), depending on taste, to any soups. I do it with clam chowder
6) Soft tofu with eggs
7) Soft tofu as a sidedish with curry pilaff

That's all I can think of.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-17-2002 03:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for redoubt Click here to Send redoubt a Private Message Visit redoubt's homepage! Find more posts by redoubt Add redoubt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sakura angel

tofu more from me
1 tofu mashed untill it is mixed smooth then add a tube of wasabi paste into it (i know it's hot but it is good for winter) steam some white meat fish and lay the wasabi tofu sause on top and steam for a min or so and it's readly to eat
(what spice you like to eat you can just change it)

2 tofu clear soup
first steam cook the tofu
boil water untill hot and add fresh clean clam clow into it cook it and add salt and pepper for taste (add a lot of clam clow to it so it becomes a seafood broth so that you can use it to cook any other food you like) then dran the soup and put the tofu on top and steam the soup with the tofu in it then add the clam slow on top and drink.

it's very nice if you like it tell me pls

Old Post 12-18-2002 05:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sakura angel Click here to Send sakura angel a Private Message Find more posts by sakura angel Add sakura angel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redoubt
grasshopper pie

quote:
Originally posted by sakura angel
2 tofu clear soup
first steam cook the tofu
boil water untill hot and add fresh clean clam clow into it cook it and add salt and pepper for taste (add a lot of clam clow to it so it becomes a seafood broth so that you can use it to cook any other food you like) then dran the soup and put the tofu on top and steam the soup with the tofu in it then add the clam slow on top and drink.

it's very nice if you like it tell me pls

sounds delicious, but what exactly is this clam chow? Sounds like clam chowder, or clam meat, but I DUNNO!!!

Old Post 12-18-2002 06:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for redoubt Click here to Send redoubt a Private Message Visit redoubt's homepage! Find more posts by redoubt Add redoubt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sakura angel

quote:
Originally posted by redoubt
sounds delicious, but what exactly is this clam chow? Sounds like clam chowder, or clam meat, but I DUNNO!!!

thats right it is clam chowder use as much as you like it very good soup

Old Post 12-19-2002 12:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sakura angel Click here to Send sakura angel a Private Message Find more posts by sakura angel Add sakura angel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

mmm i luv tofu. very healthy too i like to eat it in soup and with rice. if u put it in seafood soup (i dunno wut it's called exactly...it's a chinese soup thing) it's realli good. and also w duck(? not sure if it's duck) eggs!! good stuff

Old Post 12-20-2002 02:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sakura angel

try this hot and spicy one
you'll like it with rice

first you steam the tofu
then you mix some vinger in to a bowl and boil it then you add some of the soup you like (yea that's right it is hot and sour soup)
then you mix the meat you like into the soup and boil then add chop very thin mushroom and other vegetable in to the soup and boil then add a spoon fun of chillie oil and bowl and add some seafood then in the end add tofu and don't forget to add salt for taste guys (watch out very very spicy)

Old Post 12-23-2002 01:17 PM
sakura angel

oh here is a drink which has tofu in it but it will taste weird
first you steam the tofu
then you get a glasses cup ot and fill it up with clear soju then you put the hot steamed tofu and add wasabi on top and drink very nice in winter but very hot

Old Post 12-24-2002 01:54 PM
iLLmaTiC_aNgeL
-huney B-

i like the way my mom makes it..its pretty simple..jus chop the tofu into cubes..mix it with eggs, sum hot sauce, and oyster sauce (i bought it at a chinese grocery store) and jus stir-fry it..yummy!

JOCKERZ UNWANTED!

Old Post 12-28-2002 06:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iLLmaTiC_aNgeL Click here to Send iLLmaTiC_aNgeL a Private Message Find more posts by iLLmaTiC_aNgeL Add iLLmaTiC_aNgeL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote