Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > TV and Movies > solaris
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
saranghae

solaris

Science Fiction/Fantasy, Thriller and Drama
Upon arrival at the space station orbiting an ocean world called Solaris, a psychologist discovers that the commander of an expedition to the planet has died mysteriously. Other strange events soon start happening as well, such as the appearance of old acquaintances of the crew, including some, like the psychiatrist's wife, who are dead....
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for (for sexuality/nudity, brief language and thematic elements).

Release Date: November 27th, 2002 .

Cast and Credits

Starring: George Clooney, Natascha McElhone, Jeremy Davies, Viola Davis, Ulrich Tukur

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-18-2002 05:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

ah, i was excited about this movie until i realize the plot has nothing to do with solaris. That's a real moon you know, covered with a frozen ocean.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 11-18-2002 06:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

solaris is a remake of tchovsky's or.. something like that.. solaris. this thing was slow. interesting film. i have some questions to ask tho....

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 11-18-2002 08:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
ah, i was excited about this movie until i realize the plot has nothing to do with solaris. That's a real moon you know, covered with a frozen ocean.

really?

wow... that sounds cool!

wut planet? mercury?

Old Post 11-19-2002 01:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

i heard storied about the lead girl

well what happened was taht she was about to star in a new movie and launch off her new career but then she got into a car accident and was juss mauled by the car..then she got fired and tried to audition for things such as aliens in star trek movies an stuff but no one would hire her..then like some years later they tried to restore her face with metal plates and stuff and now shes all back to normal..really sad though

Old Post 11-19-2002 02:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

quote:
Originally posted by castle outsider
i heard storied about the lead girl

well what happened was taht she was about to star in a new movie and launch off her new career but then she got into a car accident and was juss mauled by the car..then she got fired and tried to audition for things such as aliens in star trek movies an stuff but no one would hire her..then like some years later they tried to restore her face with metal plates and stuff and now shes all back to normal..really sad though

aww... that's sad! :sad:

Old Post 11-19-2002 03:42 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by saranghae

really?

wow... that sounds cool!

wut planet? mercury?

oh no no, it's not mercury. I think it's neptune, but i could be wrong. It's that or jupiter most likely i think, i don't remember exactly.

-Cromwell

Old Post 11-29-2002 03:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snowangel
ebOoo

it sucked donkeys. i hated it. what a waste of money.

Old Post 12-02-2002 03:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for snowangel Click here to Send snowangel a Private Message Find more posts by snowangel Add snowangel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

quote:

oh no no, it's not mercury. I think it's neptune, but i could be wrong. It's that or jupiter most likely i think, i don't remember exactly.

naw its solaris, they made up a planet. like in the movie they discover a new one and go to check out. thats what i heard, and that would make sense with the title bein solaris

thanx huby40

Old Post 12-02-2002 04:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Klumzy

do yourselves a favor and NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!!

omg... this is one of those movies you wish you never ever saw... soooo fucking boring, people in the theater cursed out loud when the movie ended because it was soo bad... seriosly, unless you're those deep-thinker types i suggest that you never see this movie... this movie got no action, and does a great job of showing off goerge clooneys nice butt... i dont think u want to watch this unless u're a clooney fan

Old Post 12-02-2002 04:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Klumzy Click here to Send Klumzy a Private Message Find more posts by Klumzy Add Klumzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by seung ju

naw its solaris, they made up a planet. like in the movie they discover a new one and go to check out. thats what i heard, and that would make sense with the title bein solaris

oh that's dumb they made up a planet? haha, oh well. Anyway, we were talking about the actual moon that is called Solaris that orbits neptune or something.

-Cromwell

Old Post 12-02-2002 04:52 AM
saranghae

quote:

oh that's dumb they made up a planet? haha, oh well. Anyway, we were talking about the actual moon that is called Solaris that orbits neptune or something.

was it uranus? hmm... i remember doing the planets and moons and stuff and solaris rings a bell... except... i don't remember which one... haha ^^

i thought it was going to be a good movie ^^ wanted to watch it too... guess not. u noe the posters... don't they have 2 people kissing?-- and i guess that has nothing to do with the plot

Old Post 12-02-2002 05:43 AM
castle outsider

my friend saw this and he said it was "FRICKEN BORING" haha

Old Post 12-02-2002 06:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

quote:

i dunno, you may be right. maybe the people who covered the movie were just dumb.

thanx huby40

Old Post 12-02-2002 06:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by Klumzy
do yourselves a favor and NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!!

omg... this is one of those movies you wish you never ever saw... soooo fucking boring, people in the theater cursed out loud when the movie ended because it was soo bad... seriosly, unless you're those deep-thinker types i suggest that you never see this movie... this movie got no action, and does a great job of showing off goerge clooneys nice butt... i dont think u want to watch this unless u're a clooney fan

i guess i shoulda warned you guys huh.. tarkovsky movies are slow... and im sure the remake was just as so.. hahhaha oops. tarkovsky films are more appreciated by film students and critics than a general audience. sorry dudes i'll warn you guys next time if there happens to be a remake of a boring ass film. but im prolly gonna end up watching it because i dont trust ju hwan's judgement in film.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 12-02-2002 10:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

hmm.. sounded stoopid wen i first read about it.. haha good thing i dint watch it yet.. and im not planning to..

Old Post 12-02-2002 01:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by saranghae

really?

wow... that sounds cool!

wut planet? mercury?

uh mercury is way too close to the sun to have a frozen ocean surface

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 12-03-2002 12:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter

uh mercury is way too close to the sun to have a frozen ocean surface

oh yea... haha... mercury juss popped up in my head ^^

Old Post 12-03-2002 12:42 AM