Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > General > Random Thoughts > why do asains hate A&F so much?
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
touch_my_butt
raging hetero

quote:
Originally posted by requiem
Abercrombie has racist hiring policies. I know this for a fact. I know someone who works there.

that is a false rumor and in my opinion a stupid rumor...where do you live?
or are you just posting this up to just see what i say?

Last edited by touch_my_butt on 12-12-2002 at 10:39 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-12-2002 10:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for touch_my_butt Click here to Send touch_my_butt a Private Message Find more posts by touch_my_butt Add touch_my_butt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by tea
ive never bought anything from abercrombie. maybe because east coast has more white people than there are on the west coast. the asians here tend to stick together in certain areas like oc, arcadia, pasadena, san francisco, etc. theyre not all scattered. i know people who DO like abercrombie, but those asians tend to live different lives than the ones who arent. lifestyles are different, which would lead to differences in style and preference.

arcadia!!! my home!

yeah i agree wit u cuz i live in the east coast (previously in the west) and it really depends on lifestyle and where u live i guess. i live in a predominately jewish town and only a FEW asian ppl wear abercrombie. and they're the people who live are considered "whitewashed" (sorry). its KINDA true if u look at their lifestyle... u can kinda tell they're "whitewashed" by the way they live their lives... dunno if i make any sense...

but wow... i didnt know about this huge boycott against abercrombie. i went to dat website and read everything and looked at most of the pics. didnt know why i didnt hear about...

Old Post 12-12-2002 10:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

quote:
Originally posted by inkstand
As for the racist t-shirt designs, yes, that sparked nationwide outrage among man Asian-Americans, but I believe people still buy and wear Abercrombie today. It was an incredibly ignorant and stupid corporate move, to market those t-shirts, but hey, if you like A&F, you'll keep going back for more.

very true.
for the record, i dun dislike A&F bcuz of the shirts they put out. i dislike them bcuz their shirts suck in general and are overpriced.

Old Post 12-13-2002 12:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
inkstand

quote:
Originally posted by LiLbLuEaZnBoY
dude what part of the east coast do you live?

yes i know asians that do wear them..they been livin in places wit less asian people so the turn out dressin like white ppl

step into nyc and you see asian kids wearin hip hop clothing
same with jersey

etc

soryy michelle..

I tend to disagree with that statement. I go to Stern, and there are a LOT of Asians who go to this school. Even NYU as a whole has an enormous Asian population. From what I've seen, back home in NJ and here in NYC, there are significant amounts of Asian Americans who wear Abercrombie & Fitch.

Just as something to chew on, how do you "dress white"? Or "dress Asian", for that matter? Dude. Just wear whatever the hell you want to. Your ethnicity should have no bearing on your clothing preference.

Old Post 12-13-2002 10:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for inkstand Click here to Send inkstand a Private Message Find more posts by inkstand Add inkstand to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eddiee
werD?

quote:
I tend to disagree with that statement. I go to Stern, and there are a LOT of Asians who go to this school. Even NYU as a whole has an enormous Asian population. From what I've seen, back home in NJ and here in NYC, there are significant amounts of Asian Americans who wear Abercrombie & Fitch.

Just as something to chew on, how do you "dress white"? Or "dress Asian", for that matter? Dude. Just wear whatever the hell you want to. Your ethnicity should have no bearing on your clothing preference.

hmm how i put this...

Old Post 12-13-2002 10:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for eddiee Click here to Send eddiee a Private Message Find more posts by eddiee Add eddiee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
touch_my_butt
raging hetero

quote:

damn...
couldnt of said it any better...lol
encore...

Old Post 12-13-2002 10:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for touch_my_butt Click here to Send touch_my_butt a Private Message Find more posts by touch_my_butt Add touch_my_butt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

quote:
Your ethnicity should have no bearing on your clothing preference.

i agree, but too bad the rest of society doesnt share the same opinion

Old Post 12-14-2002 01:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

quote:
Originally posted by touch_my_butt
that is a false rumor and in my opinion a stupid rumor...where do you live?
or are you just posting this up to just see what i say?

No I don't post to see reactions.
It's not a false rumor. I've read the newsletter that circulates to Abercrombie & Fitch and the abercrombie kids stores which reads "Ways to deal with someone asking why you don't hire non-white employees"
The answer was to read off a statement (I believe it went "Abercrombie and Fitch is an equal opportunity employer"
However, you'll never find an asian on the floor selling the clothes, they're always in the back.
That is, if they get hired at all.
For the record I live in NY, right next to the Palisades Mall (if you know it)

Old Post 12-14-2002 01:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
inkstand

quote:
Originally posted by tea
i agree, but too bad the rest of society doesnt share the same opinion

huh?

Old Post 12-14-2002 05:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for inkstand Click here to Send inkstand a Private Message Find more posts by inkstand Add inkstand to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

quote:
huh?

the rest of society, society in which i mean the people, DO believe that basically..you are what you wear

Old Post 12-14-2002 06:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
inkstand

Perhaps you are defined by what you wear, but your ethnicity does not define what you wear. There is no "uniform" designated for members of different ethnicities. Society doesn't say that because you don't dress a certain way you cease to hold your ethnic heritage.

Old Post 12-14-2002 06:20 AM
AZN Pinoy BOI
..:SeNsei-Kun

quote:
Originally posted by huby40
hahaha i think so too

i just dont like brands that whore their logo all over the clothes, a&f is jus one of em.

yeah thats not my style too, i don't like advertisements all over my shirts unless its a band or lke something hella cool.

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Old Post 12-14-2002 02:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
junjinluber33

eh... abercrombie might be racist buh their clothes are still so cute~ =]

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Old Post 12-19-2002 01:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

there's a difference between what you see at A&F and the mask described in the first post.

Kung Fool and loser inscribed on a mask is blatantly derogatory. The issue of A&F is more subjective, though.

Old Post 12-29-2002 12:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

can someone move this to debate?

Old Post 12-29-2002 01:41 AM
ajy

ajy has attached this image:

Old Post 12-29-2002 01:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickels

Resolved: that the asian community should establish an anti-A&F policy to significantly decrease racism in communities in the United States.

Thus, we present the following plan: plunder A&F stores and demand compensation for the 111 years of asian oppression.

Inherency - Just check that shirt out, yo! ;)
Solvency - Violence is proven to bring about change
Advantages - Asian Pride, Racism
Topicality - we remain under the general scope of the resolution. aff reserves right to clarify intent.

Alright, someone run a laundromat kritik right now on the Aff's ;)

Old Post 12-29-2002 01:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nickels Click here to Send nickels a Private Message Find more posts by nickels Add nickels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote