Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Love and Dating > Crushing on the same guy for the last three years... is it love?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

Crushing on the same guy for the last three years... is it love?

Okai, I have another situation... PLEASE SPEND TIME TO READ THE WHOLE THING BECAUSE IT WILL GIVE YOU A BETTER UNDERSTANDING SO YOU CAN HELP ME...

About two or three years ago, I met this guy from St. Paul, Minnesota. Let's just call him Coconut. (Because I love anything coconut ) When I first saw him, I thought he was so cute and adorable. Not only that, he had the personality. He liked a lot of things that I liked. When I first met him, it was at my cousin's wedding. At that time, he had a girlfriend. Well, later, I went back up for the July tournament, and that's when he found out that I liked him. He was single again. He also kept looking at me like he was interested. We would talk a little. Even later, he started to like me and the only thing that was stopping us from dating was long distance. Which I think that long distance shouldn't even be a problem if the two people are really commited in the relationship. Well, we'd tell my cousin what we thought about each other and stuff like that, then my cousin would tell us.

As time passed by, our----I don't wanna say love----liking relationship started to go down the damn drain... Well, at least his feelings for me anyway. That was when I finally figured that nothing was gonna happen between us and that maybe we were just meant to be good friends. As the years went by, I kept thinking about him. I still liked him and I didn't know what to do. Whatever I tried, I kept thinking about him. For instance, I even tried dating other guys, but I always compared them to him. They were nothing like him, and I just didn't have the feelings for them that I had for Coconut.

Well, one weekend, his father died. I felt so bad and sorry for him. I went up to St. Paul to his father's funeral. I saw him and he looked so sad. I didn't wanna pressure him anymore with love/like because I knew that I would make it worse because of what he was going through at the time. I was being nice... talked to him, walked with him, bought him things. And he was a total sweet heart about it. The thing is, he liked this other girl at the time too, and that just broke my heart. I tried to hide the feelings though (That's just me, I'll be like "Oh really? How cool!" when inside, I really feel like, "I'm so hurt... How can you do this to me?"). Anyways, he was being a sweetheart to me too, so I thought that maybe he still had a little something for me. Coconut's the kind of guy that doesn't really like to show his feelings. Even if he cares for someone deeply. That night, I went home and I told him to call me at my cousin's house because that's where I was going to be staying at. I swear to you that if you were me and you were talking, walking and doing what people who like each other do, you'd feel like he did like you. And he didn't want me to leave yet. He wanted me to stay with him, but I had to go (broke my heart to see him so sad). So that night, he called me and he was like, "I really want you here. Why'd you leave me? Can you come back?" I was so angry that I had to leave. Later, he called me again, and he was like, "Hey! The girl that I like is here. I want you to meet her." Right then, my heart hurt as if someone had stabbed a sharp knife right through my heart. It hurt worse than anything I've ever felt. Just the pain, made me cry and cry and cry. He let me go on the phone again, and I was crying like such a baby. I felt used to recover his pain and loss of his father. I felt like, the only reason why he was acting like he cared was because the girl wasn't there. I was second string. Trust me, if you've felt that deep pain like I did, you'd cry too. Luckily, I had my cousins and some boy friends of mine up there to comfort me that night. It was so hard to see him the next day. I didn't wanna talk to him, look at him, or anything. I left without a good bye and he knew that he hurt me so he didn't wanna say anything to me. When I came back home, I felt like doing nothing. I felt sick. My cousin called me later that week and told me what she had done to him. She had made him cry because she was bitching at him about how mean he was. Like I said earlier, I didn't wanna pressure him with our relationship because his father had just passed away. He was really hurt and I had done wrong by giving him pressure. After that, I really wanted to get things straight between us. I talked to him and he said that we were just good friends... Nothing more.

I saw him a couple times after that incident and everytime I saw him, I was with a different guy. And he noticed. Maybe he knew that I was trying to get over him, or maybe he was jealous. Who knows...

Well, just this weekend, he came down. We were at a whole day meeting and we talked and he hung around me. We were all cool again. As if nothing had changed. Although, maybe our now 'friendship' was stronger. He's all sweet again and I love his personality to death. When I saw him, I wanted to run up to him and hug him so tight that he wouldn't be able to breathe for a few seconds. I wanted to kiss him forever! Believe it or not, I wanted to take him to bed with me! I could tell, or maybe he's just playing with me again, but he acted as if he was interested in me again. Like, he's saying, "Julie, I'm so sorry what I did to you. I want us to be an item. I want to be with you!" Yes, corny but that's the way it is. I wish I could have spent more time with him though. Stupid me, I went out with another group of different guys. My cousin's were also there and they told me that he looked jealous and sad that I was leaving with other guys. I kinda saw a little sad look on his face myself. I felt so bad. I wish I could have just told him. I wanted to be with him. GRRR. it was so damn hard for me! I came back that night from dancing at a Techno/Rave DJ party around 10:30 to 11:00 PM and he was still there by my side. I was really tired so I went out to sleep in the car. I told him to watch over me while I sleep because I was scared that something might happen, and he stayed outside in the dark just to watch over me! We even did more talking and he spent a lot of time with me.

Are these hints/clues that are telling me that he wants our relationship to build back up and maybe even go to the next step of actually dating????

haha... despite all the things that have happened between us through these passed few years, I still miss him a lot and I just can't get over it. Maybe this meeting meant something, maybe it didn't. I just can't find those special words to tell you of my feelings... So tell me, should I give it another try or is it just another game do you think???

I hate to say it because I don't know if these are the right feelings... But:

I LOVE HIM!

Or do you think that it's just infatuation???

Last edited by Ladi Jay on 06-03-2002 at 03:40 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-03-2002 03:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
psyTeK ver. 2.0
face the facts kid.

face the facts, it's just teenage infatuation. no offense, but your a little too young to know and comprehend love fully. give it a few years and you will look back upon this little ordeal of yours and it will seem quite humorous to you as i find it now, i guarantee it.

Old Post 06-03-2002 08:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for psyTeK ver. 2.0 Click here to Send psyTeK ver. 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by psyTeK ver. 2.0 Add psyTeK ver. 2.0 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neXt

quote:
Originally posted by psyTeK ver. 2.0
face the facts, it's just teenage infatuation. no offense, but your a little too young to know and comprehend love fully. give it a few years and you will look back upon this little ordeal of yours and it will seem quite humorous to you as i find it now, i guarantee it.

Um.. and what facts are these?? Is her being young and thus not able "to know and comprehend love fully" a fact? Love transcends facts.

[Edit] Nevermind. I've read your other posts... and understand that you got no facts that will back up your opinions cuz its just a peronal stamp.

peace

Last edited by neXt on 06-03-2002 at 11:04 AM

Old Post 06-03-2002 10:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for neXt Click here to Send neXt a Private Message Find more posts by neXt Add neXt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

quote:
Originally posted by psyTeK ver. 2.0

It's been three years... and I don't even laugh upon this... I dunno... maybe I will

Old Post 06-03-2002 05:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

i read da whole damn thing....dayam long...i was about to quit in the middle.....but all i wanna say is get over it....this kids gay....
and psytek i wanna fuck him up
but mos of da stuff he say are true at least

Old Post 06-03-2002 09:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
junjinluber33

ive liked a guy for a lil over three years buh i dunt it was love... just infatuation...

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Old Post 06-04-2002 01:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

i dont like the word, infatuation..it makes me sound gay

Props To Huby

Old Post 06-04-2002 01:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WhiteLee
"Oh we totally have to."

Woo just got finished with that.
Sounds to me that you feel sorry for him alot, and feel like you've "done him wrong". I just don't really understand what you've done wrong. You've been there for each other almost equally at all times. You shouldn't damn yourself everytime he looks "sad" and "jealous". Yes, be a friend to him, but please, don't kiss the ground he walks on.
For some reason, I'm getting the idea that he doesn't know what a good friend you are being to him. It sounds as if you're the one who's doing alot of the work.
If you think you love him, then I guess you do.
But if he keeps you hanging and whatnot, I wouldn't waste my time. I hate it when girls totally forget about their own lives and trade them in for a self-induced slave ownership. Not that I'm saying you did that..no no. Just don't get like that.
You deserve what you're giving to this guy and he does give it back it seems in smaller actions.
I don't know.
Maybe I'm too pro-women for this, but if you love him then I guess you love him.

"Before and After" Ayumi Hamasaki

Old Post 06-04-2002 04:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteLee Click here to Send WhiteLee a Private Message Visit WhiteLee's homepage! Find more posts by WhiteLee Add WhiteLee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

i noe ezactly wut ur going thru. i liked a guy for about 3 yrs too but i stopped last yr. wanna noe y? our families went on vacation togethr and then he hurt me so badly i just cudn't forget it...i cried and cried...nd i vowed that i wud nevr like a guy ever again unless he liked me first. i'v stuck by that evr since. wen i look bak now, i feel so sad....i wish i had saved maiself a lot of grief and just TOLd him how i felt. i look upon that period of "infatuation" or wutevr u wanna call it as heart-wrenching and reminds me of so much hurt i went thru. i read mai past diary entries and just sigh with all those foolish fantasies i had.

mai advice to u - save urself future trouble and hurt and just cum out wit it. think bout it...it's like a blister that swells and hurts but never heals....isn't it better to just pop it, esp since it's been in there for all these yrs? i thot i wuz in luv too, even tho i wuz so young, so maib u r in luv wit him if i were u, i wud get all this out in the open.

Old Post 06-05-2002 01:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

wow... your only older than me by a year and yet... while i was reading it i thought u were in college or something o_O anyways... i noe what your going through... not a good feeling... i'm sorrie to say this, but do u really believe in love at this age?-- it may seem u are, but juss wait until your 18 or something, that's when love starts.

Old Post 06-05-2002 02:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

I hurt... I hurt a lot... boohoo... I hope this passes me... I hope this is just another infatuation... but yet, I want to believe that it is love...

Old Post 06-05-2002 03:51 AM
MellowYellow

i'm sorry but the word "love" is thrown around WAY to easily...

love is kind of a two person thing(the type of love we're talking about)? i mean you could HAVE love for another person.... but yea

and i agree with psytek... he's right(whoa is that a first? jp).. i mean.. i've had crushes that lasted for a while too... and what i think is... you've wanted to be with that person for so long... that it turns into more than what it is... in other words.... the infatuation grows... but you'll grow out of it too.. either that or you'll end up dating the guy.... but in the end.. you'll realize that the reasons you "loved" him were actually quite trivial...

i'm not saying just because you're young you can't love.... although that's usually the case... i used to hear this all the time "when you're older you'll feel differently/understand" .... remember doing things when you were like 9? and now that you think about it ... it was stupid?..... kind of the same thing... when you're 25 you'll be remembering when you were a teen .... and be thinking "how stupid was i to do THAT.." or "what the hell was i thinking?" maybe you might think "i'm so glad i did that"

okay but in the end ... love is deeper than years of infatuation.... just cuz you've liked him for a long time doesn't mean you love him.... and no.. pity does not equal love either.... jealousy makes those feelings of infatuation grow too....

Last edited by MellowYellow on 06-05-2002 at 06:28 AM

Old Post 06-05-2002 06:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnchicca

i agree with mellowyellow ... the word love is thrown around too easily ... it's not one of those words that is defined clearly ... or equally to everybody's ears ... it has so many different meanings to so many different people ... it's odd ...

i know what you're feeling though ... i liked this oppa for six years ... i've known him for twelve ... it's weird ... i thought it was love ... i was almost certain it was ... but as i got older ... i realized it was obsession ... i guess i shouldn¡¯t use the word obsession because it makes me sound like some freak ... i know it sounds stupid ... but it was me clinging onto him ... hoping he would like me back ... it wasn't the kind of love that i wanted to end up with ... it was more of a daily routine for me ... i'd wake up knowing that i still liked him ... and to think ... i could have done so much more with my life in those years ... i regret a little bit of it now ...

of course i learned not to mistake something else for love ... but it really was time consuming ... after i told him that i liked him ... everything was cleared up in my brain ... i realized for once that i didn't love him ... or at least my definition of love at least ... he didn't like me the same way i once thought i had liked him ... basically ... it was me crying and being depressed over something that i should have realized earlier ...

if you know it's love ... you'll know it's love ... everybody knows what something is when they see it for themselves ... i can't judge your situation because i'm not you ... no one can but you yourself ... look deeper ... and like older people say ... you will realize what real love is once you're older ... hopefully by then ... you'll have learned a lot more from the experiences you had ... no matter how much they hurt ...

... sara ...

Old Post 06-07-2002 05:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnchicca Click here to Send krnchicca a Private Message Find more posts by krnchicca Add krnchicca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote