Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Technology > M.u.g.e.n
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kryogenix
Ghost

M.u.g.e.n

there's a game i play on my computer called M.U.G.EN. it runs under DOS, or Linux (i don't think anyone has Linux ever since it died, so i'll be talking about the DOS version). it's really fun, the genre is Vs. Fighter. it's very similar to Marvel Vs. Capcom, but you can choose which characters play. yes, any character you want. so that means you can pit SSJ2 Goku agains Ryu. or super mario against Majin Buu. the posibilities are only limited by your hard drive(i have a lot of characters, stages and themes, this set me back a Gigabyte). i'll post screen shots in a week or two, if I can get them (anyone know how to take screen shots in DOS?) anyone intereseted? reply to this thread and pm if you want more info.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-23-2003 01:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

i took a look at the website and apparently, they're going to focus on Linux from now on.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 02-23-2003 01:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
i took a look at the website and apparently, they're going to focus on Linux from now on.

heh, elecbyte has transferred the M.U.G.E.N project to Linux a year ago. however, they don't make the characters, stages, themes etc. they just made the game engine. so don't be discouraged to get mugen. here, you can get the latest dos version: maximummugen.cjb.net/ . click on the 2001.04.14 version (the one on the top). again, reply if you want more info.

Old Post 02-25-2003 07:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

ha ha ha! i'm ressurecting a dead thread to show you these pics:

kryogenix has attached this image:

Old Post 09-04-2003 11:41 PM
kryogenix
Ghost

Old Post 09-04-2003 11:41 PM
kryogenix
Ghost

Old Post 09-04-2003 11:43 PM
AZN Pinoy BOI
..:SeNsei-Kun

i made something about this long time ago lol.... i'm 2 lazy 2 download it.... looks kool hw u can mix characters from different games

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Old Post 09-05-2003 02:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gaeko

I want more info on MUGEN...I wanna try it out. This isn't for strictly LINUX? Where can I download the software? The link you gave won't allow me to download it

Old Post 09-05-2003 07:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gaeko Click here to Send gaeko a Private Message Find more posts by gaeko Add gaeko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by gaeko
I want more info on MUGEN...I wanna try it out. This isn't for strictly LINUX? Where can I download the software? The link you gave won't allow me to download it

Elecbyte, the makers of MUGEN no longer supports the DOS versions of Mugen. However, most of the characters that were created by people like us are for the DOS version.
Here is the location:
http://www.maximummugen.hpg.ig.com.br/index.html

Click on version 2001.04.14

Old Post 09-05-2003 08:05 PM
kryogenix
Ghost

not only can u customize the characters, but you can modify to be like your favorite game like Capcom vs SNK or something. here are some:

char select from Marvel Vs Capcom

Capcom VS. SNK

Old Post 09-05-2003 08:45 PM
gaeko

What I'm tryin to tell ya is that website won't allow me to download anything. It sends me to another page saying the file cannot be found. I'm a huge fan of fighting games, and always was curious about MUGEN. If u got another website, lemme kno...thanks for the info

Old Post 09-05-2003 09:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gaeko Click here to Send gaeko a Private Message Find more posts by gaeko Add gaeko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by gaeko
What I'm tryin to tell ya is that website won't allow me to download anything. It sends me to another page saying the file cannot be found. I'm a huge fan of fighting games, and always was curious about MUGEN. If u got another website, lemme kno...thanks for the info

here:

http://allmugen.tripod.com/new_page_4.htm

http://www.intertr.net/ugen/mugen/

try those two

remember, version 2001.04.14

Old Post 09-05-2003 09:34 PM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

lol looks cool

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 09-05-2003 11:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gaeko

awesome it's workin, I'm going to attempt to get characters and etc. now....

Old Post 09-06-2003 10:19 AM
kryogenix
Ghost

if you need help installing chars or stages, just ask!

Old Post 09-06-2003 08:31 PM
AZN Pinoy BOI
..:SeNsei-Kun

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
if you need help installing chars or stages, just ask!

yup dats me... i don't really get it o.O;; i'm a nub ^_^

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Old Post 09-06-2003 10:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gaeko

I need help finding characters and backgrounds. IS there a reliable site to get pretty much evrything related to MUGEn?

Old Post 09-07-2003 03:26 AM
kryogenix
Ghost

a lot of them have gone done, but these are good one's i got to

http://ngmc.retrogames.com/download.html

This guy is really cool, i see him on IRC sometimes and his chars and stages are awsome!

http://mugenguild.cjb.net/

they have so many chars, stages, screenpacks and motifs

Last edited by kryogenix on 09-07-2003 at 12:22 PM

Old Post 09-07-2003 12:03 PM
Azn2296

i dled this mvc2 motif and like yah i noe how to put characters but everytime i play it it says they couldnt find the stage... and i cant ass stages or i just dont noe how

My Xanga

Old Post 09-07-2003 06:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Azn2296 Click here to Send Azn2296 a Private Message Visit Azn2296's homepage! Find more posts by Azn2296 Add Azn2296 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MaGiKToToRo
~dance~

lol, i forgot about mugen... yeah, is it possible to play it online with other people???

Hate less, love more;
And all good things are yours."

-Sweedish Proverb

aim: MaGiKToToRo
xanga: MaGiKToToRo

Old Post 09-07-2003 06:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MaGiKToToRo Click here to Send MaGiKToToRo a Private Message Visit MaGiKToToRo's homepage! Find more posts by MaGiKToToRo Add MaGiKToToRo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote