Jusunlee.com Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 26 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Cars (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=29)
-- Fast and the Furious Movie Mistakes (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=9615)

Posted by sangxjin on 01-04-2003 07:12 PM:

Fast and the Furious Movie Mistakes

i know i posted this in the movie forum but i just wanted to post in the car forum.

1. Ja Rule cannot act for shit
2. A Real race at 140 MPH would take miles and miles of road
3. When all of the cars are lined up before they bet on the first race, and the hood to the green eclipse is open....they talk about the turbo and all the rest, blah blah blah. If anyone knows about eclipses and talons of those years, they would know that the engine that was in it was the NON-turbo 420A engine, not the turbo 4G63 engine. The only turbo kits that are around for the 420A put the turbo right on the top
4. Why didn't the guy with the yellow Skyline do any racing? Its a Skyline damnit!
5. Over 70% of the cars in the movies were Honda's
6. IMO. that Charger should've killed the Supra in real life.
7. When Brian is topping out his car in the stadium parking lot at the beginning, he is shifting and steering with the same hand.
8. When Brian Spilner is "topping out" his eclipse you will notice him shifting 6 or 7 times. Anyone who knows anything about eclipses knows they are not 6-speeds, but 5-speeds
9. When Brian tops out his Eclipse, it spins out. A car should not spin out at top speed. A car will either reach a drag limit or, in this case, hit the engine's fuel cut off, and should continue stright. He did not jerk the wheel to make the tires loose traction, nor did a tire blowout. Imagine if a magazine editor tested the top speed on a Viper, he would be spinning from 186 MPH. No one would be testing top speeds on cars if this event occurred.
10. Every car-enthusiast knows that a turboengine has to idle a couple of minutes after driving, just to cool down the turbo so it won't burn the oil within.. After pulling a quartermile, just like these guys do, the temperature of the turbo will be about 8-900 degrees (Celcius).. In this movie they just drive like hell, and shuts their engine off at once
11. While Brian is running the Eclipse through the stadium parking lot, he shifts and the car jumps from 120 mph to 140 mph in about one second.
12. In the drag race scene with four cars, speeds of 160 mph are achieved. This would put their e/t's (estimated times) at around 8-9 seconds, not 10. Granted the 1/4 race scene lasts about 2 minutes, but it's implied that Brian owes Dom a 10 second car
13. In the final race between Dom and Brian, Dom's Charger does a burnout and a wheelie at the same time, which is impossible. A burnout means there is no traction while a wheelie means there is too much traction. You can't have both at the same time
14. Before the race, when Ja Rule says that Brian Spilner had enough Nos to blow himself up, he wouldn't know that by looking in the hood of the car. The NOS bottles are in the back seat
15. When Tran is talking to the guy in his shop about the empty engine bays, the empty engine bays belong to a Civic and an Integra, yet Tran makes a comment about some Nissan SR20 motors for the engine bays. Interesting motor swap
16. It is said that it is a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T, but it has a 1968 front grill. The 69' has a chrome split down the middle, but the 68 has four round taillights (2 on each side) while the 69' has moulded body taillights (1 on each side.)
17. During the movie, Dom talks about Motec exhaust systems. Motec doesn't make exhausts, they make engine management electronics.
18. In the first street race, as Dom shifts into 1st gear, the camera takes you through the interior of the engine. As you pass by the gear box, you then go by the cam-shaft. Dom is driving a Mazda RX-7. The engine in any RX-7 is a rotary engine, thus, would NOT have a cam-shaft.

Props To Huby

Posted by iTsmeehLita on 01-04-2003 07:17 PM:

whoooaaa .. you noticed alll this by yourself??!

very observant one

Posted by sangxjin on 01-04-2003 07:18 PM:

continued

19. When Brian is in the street race, with Dom, Ja Rule, and that Asian kid. He blows off his floor panel. How does stressing an engine blow off the floor panel? And furthermore, after stage one blows his engine, the engine should seize and the car should stop dead
20. In the four car race, Hector is at the starting line, as the flagger, who yells go. If Hector is at the starting line, how did he get to the other end (finish line) so quickly, to give Dom his prize?
21. In the opening scenes when Brian goes back to the shop, he demands that he needs some nitrous to boost his low top speed. Well I'm sure that most people will agree that more horsepower doesn't equal more top speed, it only contributes IF you have a transmission that can handle it and distribute it. I was sure they'd had some type of car advisors on the film....

Props To Huby

Posted by KingWej on 01-04-2003 07:32 PM:

Hahahaha, man that was some funny stuff
Never noticed till now though haha

Posted by sangxjin on 01-04-2003 07:33 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by iTsmeehLita
whoooaaa .. you noticed alll this by yourself??!

very observant one

hahha. lol.
nah. i found some but the majority of them were off a website.
i do have a life you know.

Props To Huby

Posted by A B FLuG 05 on 01-04-2003 09:59 PM:

yea and wen they take off from the line (the first racing scene) it shows the camshaft and the gears switch.. but wen it pases through thte exhaust flame.. there are no calipers

oh yea but ja's acting isnt that bad.. half past dead (the new ja rule movie with steven seagal) was pretty good

Posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU on 01-04-2003 10:06 PM:

its' just a movie. not a documentary. why dont use list all the mistakes for the other movies like how people couldn't tell the difference between clark kent and superman or how people flew in crouching tiger hidden dragon. i bet you ten bucks fast and furious 2 will have just as many mistakes if not more. and i'll bet you you'll see it too. just relax and take it for what its worth.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Posted by Street RSX on 01-04-2003 10:25 PM:

i also noticed ja rule knows jak shit about cars.. on tha show.. "Rap City" on BET.. Big Tigger was talking about the cars that Ja always had in his videos.. S500's, Bentleys, Escalades, Rolls Royce... etc.. tha usual black rapper rides.. buh tigger wuz talking about tha engine size. V10's, V12's.. and then Ja's like.. No yoo always want 20's or higher.. yoo aint a player til yoo ridin on 20's.. hahahaha.. omg.. Big Tigs like.. uhh.. ok now moving on to videos.. hahaha sadd..

i realliee did not understand that floor panel part. i noticed that too.. wen tha car jus hops in less than a sec from 120-140. im like wtf.. is that possible?? haha

Posted by tea on 01-04-2003 10:55 PM:

you missed the BIGGEST mistake...

...white people driving rice rockets

Posted by A B FLuG 05 on 01-05-2003 12:17 AM:

LOL yea... nice one dere tea

Posted by ajy on 01-05-2003 12:24 AM:

lol ja rule is a dumbass

Posted by castle outsider on 01-05-2003 02:56 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by AjY 2k
lol ja rule is a dumbass

damn..i hate that man..

and this movie..

Posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 01-05-2003 04:25 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Street RSX
i realliee did not understand that floor panel part. i noticed that too.. wen tha car jus hops in less than a sec from 120-140. im like wtf.. is that possible?? haha

seriously haha

Posted by marvinOPPA on 01-05-2003 09:53 AM:

me and my friends are banning fast and furious 2

Posted by touch_my_butt on 01-05-2003 10:22 PM:

Re: Fast and the Furious Movie Mistakes

quote:
Originally posted by sangxjin
i know i posted this in the movie forum but i just wanted to post in the car forum.

1. Ja Rule cannot act for shit
2. A Real race at 140 MPH would take miles and miles of road
3. When all of the cars are lined up before they bet on the first race, and the hood to the green eclipse is open....they talk about the turbo and all the rest, blah blah blah. If anyone knows about eclipses and talons of those years, they would know that the engine that was in it was the NON-turbo 420A engine, not the turbo 4G63 engine. The only turbo kits that are around for the 420A put the turbo right on the top
4. Why didn't the guy with the yellow Skyline do any racing? Its a Skyline damnit!
5. Over 70% of the cars in the movies were Honda's
6. IMO. that Charger should've killed the Supra in real life.
7. When Brian is topping out his car in the stadium parking lot at the beginning, he is shifting and steering with the same hand.
8. When Brian Spilner is "topping out" his eclipse you will notice him shifting 6 or 7 times. Anyone who knows anything about eclipses knows they are not 6-speeds, but 5-speeds
9. When Brian tops out his Eclipse, it spins out. A car should not spin out at top speed. A car will either reach a drag limit or, in this case, hit the engine's fuel cut off, and should continue stright. He did not jerk the wheel to make the tires loose traction, nor did a tire blowout. Imagine if a magazine editor tested the top speed on a Viper, he would be spinning from 186 MPH. No one would be testing top speeds on cars if this event occurred.
10. Every car-enthusiast knows that a turboengine has to idle a couple of minutes after driving, just to cool down the turbo so it won't burn the oil within.. After pulling a quartermile, just like these guys do, the temperature of the turbo will be about 8-900 degrees (Celcius).. In this movie they just drive like hell, and shuts their engine off at once
11. While Brian is running the Eclipse through the stadium parking lot, he shifts and the car jumps from 120 mph to 140 mph in about one second.
12. In the drag race scene with four cars, speeds of 160 mph are achieved. This would put their e/t's (estimated times) at around 8-9 seconds, not 10. Granted the 1/4 race scene lasts about 2 minutes, but it's implied that Brian owes Dom a 10 second car
13. In the final race between Dom and Brian, Dom's Charger does a burnout and a wheelie at the same time, which is impossible. A burnout means there is no traction while a wheelie means there is too much traction. You can't have both at the same time
14. Before the race, when Ja Rule says that Brian Spilner had enough Nos to blow himself up, he wouldn't know that by looking in the hood of the car. The NOS bottles are in the back seat
15. When Tran is talking to the guy in his shop about the empty engine bays, the empty engine bays belong to a Civic and an Integra, yet Tran makes a comment about some Nissan SR20 motors for the engine bays. Interesting motor swap
16. It is said that it is a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T, but it has a 1968 front grill. The 69' has a chrome split down the middle, but the 68 has four round taillights (2 on each side) while the 69' has moulded body taillights (1 on each side.)
17. During the movie, Dom talks about Motec exhaust systems. Motec doesn't make exhausts, they make engine management electronics.
18. In the first street race, as Dom shifts into 1st gear, the camera takes you through the interior of the engine. As you pass by the gear box, you then go by the cam-shaft. Dom is driving a Mazda RX-7. The engine in any RX-7 is a rotary engine, thus, would NOT have a cam-shaft.

lmfao...we think alike...
nice point on #18

Posted by marvinOPPA on 01-06-2003 08:31 AM:

further more....no city has that many police cars on call....jus not possible....and for all the cop cars to make it to scene on time like dat? heeelll no

Posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU on 01-06-2003 12:04 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by marvinOPPA
me and my friends are banning fast and furious 2

i bet you twenty bucks you will watch it in this lifetime.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Posted by UpTempo on 01-07-2003 06:54 PM:

one thing that bothered me was the blow off valves...they sounded like dead pigieons anyone who has or been in a turbo car knows thats not how blow off valves sound.

Posted by aka on 01-08-2003 12:59 AM:

lol..nice observations..most are true..

but...i have to object to some..

1. about the 140mph.. to run in the 12's and 11's cars usually go up to around 120 mph...so..to drop another second..and run 10's like many of the cars were supposed to be hitting (charger, supra) 140 is okay. same wit the eclipse.

2. in real life..the charger and supra both run 10's..in fact the supra is faster.

3. Brian shifts 7 times if u listen carefully...he's in fifth..wants more power..then down shifts...then up shifts again...

lol..yea..i got these from a website too..i think it wuz revscene.net.

Posted by Azn2296 on 01-10-2003 02:58 AM:

yah haha stupid ja rule

yah and also the asian guy should had won the race

My Xanga